Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on the name Selene?

I had this name (along with Selena which I don't like as much) on my list when I first made it last year. I fell in love with it again recently and I want to know everyone's opinion. I did a poll on Behindthename.com (my other favorite naming site) and everyone liked the spelling Celine much better, but I don't really care for it. My mom doesn't really like the name Selene, but I could see myself using it in the future. What do you think about Selene? How do you picture a girl named Selene?
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    Zoe, Veronica, Selene, Thalia, Magdalena, Adeline, Alice, Cleo, Isadora/Isidora, & Phoebe

Dimitri, Gregory, Augustus, Jude, Tobias, Jason, Leo, Orion, Samuel, & Charles

Crushing On: Nicoletta, Louisa, Ariadne & Benjamin, Nico, Peregrine

Have a fabulous day!

I like Selene, I do prefer Selena more though. Celine gives a different feel than Selene, Celine is sleeker, icier.
    Laurel - 2O - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto

-------
    Newest thoughts for little ones: Angelo - Caspian - Eden | Isabela - Brisa - Gisele

As I heavy reader of mythology, I love Selene. Selene is dark and mysterious. Probably why it was chosen for the lead in Underworld.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

I really like Selene, but I love Selena more.... maybe because Selene reminds me a bit of the word "saline"? :/ But it's gorgeous nonetheless. I go back and forth between Selene and Celine too. I think of the character in Underworld, very beautiful and dark and mysterious.
    Favourites at the moment ♥

Leah, Scarlett, Sophie, Claire, Vivian, Madeleine, Evangeline, Selena, Gillian, Nina, Mila, Heidi, Isla, Hazel, Annabelle, Lydia, Celia, Violet, Genevieve
    Elias, Eli, Dominic, Thatcher, Graham, Noel, Nolan, Chase, Mattias, Dean, Cole, Blake, Daniel, Ash, Rhys, Julian, Callum, Kieran, Aidan, Ronan

I think of Cleopatra's daughter Cleopatra Selene.
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel