Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maggiemary View Post
    There are (non-identical) male twins in my cousin's grade at school called Darren and Darron, with the names pronounced as dah-wren and dah-wron.

I didn't believe her at first, until she showed me the school yearbook.

Why do people do this?!
    My sister goes to school with a pair of b/g twins named Lorick and Lorika.

The first time I saw Ashleigh I liked it, because I was getting bored seeing Ashley everywhere. Now, guess what? We have Ashleigh and Everleigh and Brynleigh and Kaleigh...I guess it was a mistake to even begin.
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Quote Originally Posted by auroradawn View Post
    The first time I saw Ashleigh I liked it, because I was getting bored seeing Ashley everywhere. Now, guess what? We have Ashleigh and Everleigh and Brynleigh and Kaleigh...I guess it was a mistake to even begin.
    That's funny because in the UK Ashleigh is the most common spelling for girls, Ashley is usually used for boys. All the Ashleigh's I know are female and spelt this way (with the exception of an Ashlea) and any Ashley's I know of are male.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

Quote Originally Posted by hanniekitt View Post
    That's funny because in the UK Ashleigh is the most common spelling for girls, Ashley is usually used for boys. All the Ashleigh's I know are female and spelt this way (with the exception of an Ashlea) and any Ashley's I know of are male.
    Aha! I wish we had that distinction here. Maybe then Ashley would still be acceptable for boys in the U.S. I've been thrilled to meet three male Ashleys (one, admittedly, was South African and lived in England), but they were all over 30.
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Yiiikes, I definitely read it as "kayley" and "keeley," those poor girls will be correcting the pronunciation and spelling of those names for the rest of their lives.

I went to school with identical twins named Eric and Derek and I thought that was way too similar.