Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cvdutch31 View Post
    Thank you uselesskitty, congrats and good luck to you too! We are just about at the exact same point in pregnancy so it's nice to have found someone with such similar situations. It will get easier for both of us as things move along so until then, I'm just trying to keep busy (or at least keep my mind busy) with other things and try not to focus on the "what if's" too much. Sometimes you just can't help it of course but I try to limit the worry/freakout sessions. My hubby is very supportive and that helps too, I hope you have good support as well. Have you had any bloodwork or an ultrasound yet? The ultrasound is kind of pointless but it did show the proper thickness and whatever else is supposed to be there this early... Take care of yourself and the orange-seed!!

No ultrasounds or blood-work yet. I was supposed to see my OB today, but I pushed it to Friday. Everything is going well though. Last time I had spotting right from the get-go and this time there has been none. Trying to keep stress to a minimum has been challenging though. :/ I know how you feel.

I hope everything is going well and that the bed rest helped! Wishing you the best.
    Last edited by uselesskitty; April 22nd, 2013 at 12:17 PM.
    Mama Bear to Serenity (gone January 17th, 2011) and Luther Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by rosebyanyothername View Post
    I also have a 2 year-old and she has chosen this week to become "terrible". A dozen or so tantrums a day. After she had a total meltdown at the grocery store today, I got so overwhelmed, I thought, what am I going to do with 2 kids, what am I doing here?? It sounds crazy but I never had that thought before! Ramona has been a pleasure to raise, strong willed but sweet and eager to please, but the last week or two has been so trying. It has been one power struggle after another. And it is hard to be consistent when I am feeling so crappy and still so anxious at the same time.

Anyone else pregnant with a toddler? Advice?

I don't have any advice for you, but I am starting to know how you feel! My son is almost 15 months and he is wonderful but starting to turn into a handful. I can't imagine what it will be like to have a 2 year old and a new born in the house!

My co-worker had a new baby when her oldest was two, and she said by the time her oldest was 2 and half or so, it got easier because he understood things better. Your Ramona will be a little older by the time #2 is due, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by uselesskitty View Post
    I don't have any advice for you, but I am starting to know how you feel! My son is almost 15 months and he is wonderful but starting to turn into a handful. I can't imagine what it will be like to have a 2 year old and a new born in the house!

My co-worker had a new baby when her oldest was two, and she said by the time her oldest was 2 and half or so, it got easier because he understood things better. Your Ramona will be a little older by the time #2 is due, so it shouldn't be too bad.
    Thanks! Its actually gotten better now that I am feeling better. I think part of her frustration was that Mommy is sick and grouchy from puking all the d@mn time! I am finding that consistency (with timeouts/discipline) really helps and that I cannot ask her to do much at all (like go to the grocery store) when she is overtired from skipping a nap (she won't nap when she goes to daycare 3 days a week).

Update from me 9 weeks 2 days today, feeling a little better- still throwing up often on an empty stomach in the mornings but I was throwing up either my lunch or my dinner every day and that seems to have subsided (at least for the last 5 1/2 days-but whose counting).
    Mama to little Ramona Mae 3/2011 and Sylvie Joy born 11/2013

Hello moms!

I got a positive test last night, three days after my period was due. I am roughly 5 weeks along. Just tender, embiggened breasts, a little light cramping a week ago, and mildly queasy. Haven't puked yet. I've been rubbing magnesium oil onto my bod, I've heard that can help with morning sickness. Also keeping a vial of peppermint essential oil close at hand. The scent helps settle my stomach.

I'm now thinking about a Christmas baby. Double the usual holiday excitement, this year. Haven't told the family yet, my hubs is the only one who knows (and nameberry, of course). Hubs is going out of town for a week, we'll probably let the family in on the news when he gets home on Sunday...I don't know if I can keep it to myself for that long though! This is hard.
    Married since June 2007, expecting our first child on Christmas Day, 2013

Darcy ~ Rowena ~ Hazel ~ Lorena ~ Leona ~

Eames ~ Miro ~ Bradbury ~ Duval ~ Marshall ~

Congrats MrsToon!