Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Narrowing down

Quote Originally Posted by sarah15 View Post
    I actually really like all of the other names you have listed, but especially like Alexander with Maximillian and Felix. I think that the x is a nice way of tying the names together
    I agree. I'd definitely go with Alexander because of the X's! Alexander Grover? Alexander Harold?
    Maximus Alexander's Mama
    Owner of "The Art of Naming!"

I love Jack and Samuel, especially. Although with Maximilian and Felix--they seem like such rich, romantic names--popular names like Jack and Samuel don't seem to hold up, although I do like Alexander with your boys. I'm not really sure he would feel left out, but I love the subtle tie of having the trendy/cool/uncommon "X" in each boys' name.

I also really love Grover (swoon!). I've crushed on it for so long, it's nice to see it getting some love.

I don't know if it appeals to you, but I think Conrad would work really well with Maximilian and Felix.

Good luck!

I think Alexander, William and Harold work best with your other sons' names. I'm afraid I don't love Grover for a little boy. Just makes me think of the adorable blue Sesame Street monster and I think would invite teasing in school. (The show will probably still be going strong for years.)

Thank you for the responses.

Unfortunately I think Alexander can only be a middle name for us. Firstly because we aren't keen on Alex or Xander as nicknames and secondly because we are trying to avoid getting stuck in the x theme.

We had the realisation today that if we go with Samuel Alexander his initials will be SAM!!! This is a keen contender at the moment.

Also holding strong on our list are:
    Harold
    Grover (though we are starting to doubt this one)
    Lachlan (despite its popularity here)
    Edward (I forgot to include this in the previous list)
    William

I feel like we might not have come across "the name" yet! I'm thinking about posting a thread for boy and girl suggestions in the baby name thread so if you have any ideas I look forward to seeing them there!
    Proud Mum of Maximilian Charles, Felix James and Harold William.

Alexander gets my vote! I like the idea of all the names having an x. It gives the siblings a subtle connection.
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.”
    -George R.R. Martin

alyssa ϟ twenty-one ϟ usa ϟ name lover

If I ever have a baby, I would name him or her:
    Charlotte Matilda |Augustus Henry

Anastasia Louise, Clara Penelope, Amelia Caitlin / Aiden James, Jase Alexander, Renly Isaac
    +more