Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Rose and Leo

Even before opening this, my first thought was Titanic. Yes, its a false congruency (since one is the character and one is the actor) as some have pointed out, but it's where my mind went

They are very nice names, though. I wouldn't let it dissuade you if you are set on them. But if your looking for a tiebreaker... yeah, my mind went there.
    Mom to the delightful Be@trix He1en Luci11e (2011)

Loving Margaret (nn Maisie), Louisa (nn Lulu), and Frederick (nn Fritz) for future children.

My first thought was that these names go beautifully together; super adorable, and very wearable into adulthood. I didn't think of Titanic at all! I think when you mention Titanic is when people put 2 and 2 together.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

Just from seeing the title of the thread my mind immediately jumped to "Titanic." Even though I know one is a character, one is an actor. However, "Titanic," while still so popular, came out a while ago, so I wouldn't say it's at the front of most peoples' minds. Second, neither is a super weird out-there name. They're both classic, not too uncommon names, so I don't think a connection to "Titanic," if people make one, is over the top at all. So, while my mind did go to "Titanic," I wouldn't let that stop you from using them together.
    Current Favorites

Adeline, Annabel, Cecily, Clara, Clementine, Cressida, Daphne, Eliza, Flora, Georgiana, Gemma, Hyacinth, Isa, Imogen, Juliet, Lila, Livia, Matilda, Ophelia, Persephone, Sabrina, Tamsin, Verona, Violet

Alastair, Asher, Callum, Caleb, Colin, Dorian, Felix, Florian, Gavin, Hallam, Inigo, Julian, Lionel, Marius, Nigel, Noel, Oliver, Raphael, Sebastian, Silas

Current furry children: Clover, Snowshoe, Avalon, Puck, Panda, Winona

Expecting a [tbd] c. August 19, 2013!!

That movie is like 15 years old, and no one your kids' age is likely to even know about it. Besides that, it's not like it's the character's names Jack and Rose. I really like both Rose & Leo. I did notice the strong "o" sound in both names, so I'm not sure that I love them together. But, I wouldn't not use them because of Titanic.

No, I really don't think so because Rose and Leo are very normal, everyday names (thats a good thing in this situation and pretty much all the time)
    My first thought wasn't "Titanic" it was "That's a cute sibset!"
    Anyways, good luck!
    -Alexis-
    teen berry