Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    I'm reading 'Lolita', by Vladimir Nabokov.
    And how I love the very second paragraph so much, which plays on Lolita's name in itself:
    "She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning...
    She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line. But in my arms she was always Lolita."
    I'm currently about halfway through Chapter 11, and some of the character names thus far besides Lolita have been:
    -Sybil
    -Annabel
    -Vanessa
    -Humbert
    -Monique
    -Edith
    -Marie
    -Charlotte
    -Valeria

I'm sure there are still many to come & am excited to meet them.
    In current favor of...:
    Boys: Ian, John, Lincoln
    Girls: Marin, Lena, Mareina

I'm reading a book called "The Misremembered Man" by Christina McKenna and the main female protagonist is named Lydia. I think it's pretty.

Ha! I'm reading a Jack Reacher novel right now. Without Fail by Lee Child. Not a lot of super exciting names.

Jack
    Joe
    Frances
    Mary Beth

And a woman who goes by her initials - M.E. Maybe later I'll find out what it stands for. :-)

Here are names from the novel I'm writing:

Wallace (female; she hates the first name her hippie mother gave her - Stormy - so since childhood she's gone by her last name)
    Starling nn Star (Wallace's twin)
    John
    Shepherd nn Shep
    Duncan
    Terry (male)
    Sullivan
    Keith
    Jessica
    Jamie
    Evelyn
    David
    Eve (named after grandma Evelyn)
    Ray (Eve's baby brother)

I'm more concerned with the names feeling right than being really stylish or attractive.
    Mrs. H.
    Trying for our first.
    Boy Combos: Jack Gabriel Walker & Jonah Michael Whittaker
    David . Alexander (Andy) . Xavier . Abel . Edgar . Apollo . Thomas . Harry . Walter . Frederick

Girl Combos: Clementine ??? . Margot Jillian . Diana Elizabeth
    Gemma . Beatrice . Vesper . Stella . Claire . Rose . Sibyl . Rosemary . Winter . Georgia . Grace . Judith . Corinne

My class is reading Charlotte's Web and we're almost finished with it, and the names I like are Charlotte and Fern. As for the name Charlotte, my L.A. teacher knows someone with a daughter named Charlotte and that's what my cousin Kelsie would name her daughter if she were to get married and had one, of course.

[FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]