Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    There are some really awesome names in books that people are reading. Especially like Louisa and Charis in the book hanniekitt is reading. I too like Darcy for a boy name, unfortunately the fact that people use it for their girls has killed it for me as a name for a boy in real life. The book I am currently reading is Hard Eight by Janet Evanovich. They are set in the 80s and are mysteries.
    Some names from the book are:
    Females
    Stephanie- I can't help but love it, not sure why, but it has some sass
    Connie
    Lula

Males
    Joe short for Joseph
    Ranger
    Vinnie

I'm reading a book about the Howard family in Tudor England at the moment so it's all Mary, Henry, Anne, Catherine, Thomas etc. If I come across anything different I'll post.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I've just started reading The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas. I'm sort of a literature junkie. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one I know that reads literary classics just as much as I read modern works, haha. I don't know why I'm just now getting to this one, but I fell in love with literature late in life, I suppose.

So far, I've come across:

d'Artagnan
    Treville

That's about it, haha. And most are surnames. Other than the mention of all the Louises and Henris that had reigned previously in France. When I was doing a bit of searching about the book before I picked it up, I found one of the musketeers is Aramis--if I end up liking his character, I'm thinking of adding it as a MN for my Charlie combo. If I don't use Hugo. or Darcy. or Fitzwilliam. Charles Aramis Darcy or Charles Aramis Hugo or Charles Aramis Fitzwilliam is a bit literature overload, haha!

The book I read before that was called The Tutor's Daughter, by Julie Klassen (love her!)--it's sort of like Jane Austen meets Christian fiction. Anywho, there were much more names to discuss there! Henry and Emma, John, Phillip, Rowan and Julian (twins), Violet... those are the ones I remember. Lovely names, although my favorites were a bit ruined by how awful the characters were. :/
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    When I was doing a bit of searching about the book before I picked it up, I found one of the musketeers is Aramis--if I end up liking his character, I'm thinking of adding it as a MN for my Charlie combo. If I don't use Hugo. or Darcy. or Fitzwilliam. Charles Aramis Darcy or Charles Aramis Hugo or Charles Aramis Fitzwilliam is a bit literature overload, haha!
    I haven't read The Three Musketeers yet, but I've seen two film versions. Aramis is my favourite name but Athos is my favourite musketeer (and not just because Matthew Macfadyen played him in the most recent film...). I adore all three of those names by the way. There's nothing wrong with any of them .

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    The book I read before that was called The Tutor's Daughter, by Julie Klassen (love her!)--it's sort of like Jane Austen meets Christian fiction. Anywho, there were much more names to discuss there! Henry and Emma, John, Phillip, Rowan and Julian (twins), Violet... those are the ones I remember. Lovely names, although my favorites were a bit ruined by how awful the characters were. :/
    This sounds interesting. I may just look into this.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

I'm on the last pages of In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust. Are you ready?

Albertine
    Andrée
    Bathilde
    Berma
    Françoise
    Gilberte
    Gisele
    Lea
    Leonie
    Madeleine
    Marie Antionette
    Marie-Aynard
    Odette
    Oriane
    Paulette
    Rachel
    Saniette
    Sidonie

Adolphe
    Albert
    Basin
    Bergotte
    Charles
    Charlus
    Elstir
    Gustave
    Jupien
    Legrandin
    Norpois
    Octave
    Palamède
    Robert
    Vinteuil
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]