Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    I am re- reading Bleak House, which is my favorite Dickens. Since Dickens names EVERYBODY and lots of them with ridiculous names- like Boodle, Coodle, and Noodle. So I am just going to list names of principle characters:

Esther Summerson
    Richard Carstone
    Ada Clare
    John Jarndyce
    Harold Skimpole
    And his daughters: Arethusa, Laura, and Kitty
    Lawrence Boythorn
    Sir Leicester Dedlock
    Lady Honoria Dedlock
    Mr Tulkinghorn
    Mr Snagsby
    Miss Flite
    Mr William Guppy
    Inspector Guppy
    Mr George
    Caddy (nickname for Caroline) Jellyby, her brother Peepy, and her husband Prince Turveydrop
    Krook
    Jo
    Allan Woodcourt
    Grandfather Smallweed
    Mr Vholes
    Conversation Kenge
    Nemo
    Guster (I think this is a nickname for Augusta?)
    Charley (girl) and her younger siblings, Tom and Emma
    Jenny
    Rosa
    Hortense
    Watt Rouncewell
    Volumnia
    Tony Jobling aka Mr Weevle
    Phil Squod
    Mr Gridley
    Mrs Pardiggle
    These next three are a soldiers children, each named after his respective birthplace
    Woolwich
    Quebec
    Malta

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    Och, yes, she's my favorite author atm! I've read every one of her books. Lady of Milkweed Manor was the first one of hers that I read. The Tutor's Daughter was probably my least favorite by her, but I honestly love her style and storytelling ability so far above any other other I've found recently that I still like it a lot more than many books I've read. I've always loved Christian historical fiction, though. If you loved that, I would definitely recommend The Silent Governess (och, my favorite!), The Girl in the Gatehouse, and The Maid of Fairbourne Hall.

If you love Christian historical fiction, I'd also recommend Francine Rivers, Gilbert Morris, and Brock and Bodie Thoene (och, the Zion Covenant and the House of Winslow series are phenomenal!). There's also a short little four-book series by Susan Downs and Susan May Warren called The Heirs of Anton which is pretty fabulous, too. Oh, and Judith Pella's "Daughters of Fortune" series. And Liz Curtis Higgs' "Lowlands of Scotland" series!

Och, I'll shut up now.
    Thanks for the recommendations! I love Francine Rivers and enjoyed the Zion Chronicles too. I haven't read the "Daughters of Fortune" series, but I did read most of the Russians series by Judith Pella and Michael Phillips, and really enjoyed them.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

[FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

Quote Originally Posted by philippahd View Post
    I just read The Fault In Our Stars by John Green (again! it's amazing) and the 2 main characters are Hazel & Augustus! I haven't read any other John Green books yet but I know he uses the name Margot in another book and his own son is called Henry Atticus, I think. He has good naming taste!
    I love that book! I fell in love with Augustus after reading it and then it seemed it was everywhere! John Green does have great taste in names, very "hipster" which I'm finding I love atm!

Quote Originally Posted by fiammetta View Post
    I had wondered if you were reading TID series after seeing your post on Jem and Jessamine.

I think TID and TMI both have great names. I love Tessa, Charlotte, and Jessamine, James "Jem", Magnus, Axel and Wayland.

Also Herondale is nice too.

I'm currently reading A Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin (the books Game of Thrones is based off of)

Some names:

House Stark: Eddard, Catelyn, Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Rickon, Jon, Benjen

House Lannister: Tywin, Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion, Joffrey, Myrcella, Tommen, Joanna, Kevan

House Baratheon: Robert, Stannis, Renly, Shireen, Gendry

House Tyrell: Luther, Olenna, Mace, Loras, Willas, Margaery, Elinor, Leona

House Targaryen: Visenya, Alysanne, Aegon, Daeron, Baelor, Daena, Rhaena, Elaena, Rhaenys, Aenys, Jaehaerys, Viserys, Rhaenyra, Daenerys, Aegon, Aemon, Rhaego

So many interesting names! The Targaryens were rather fond of the "ae" spelling it seems.
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.”
    -George R.R. Martin

alyssa ϟ twenty-one ϟ usa ϟ name lover

If I ever have a baby, I would name him or her:
    Charlotte Matilda |Augustus Henry

Anastasia Louise, Clara Penelope, Amelia Caitlin / Aiden James, Jase Alexander, Renly Isaac
    +more

I'm currently reading Daniel Deonda by George Eliot. This is my third attempt at it, but so far I've made it past book one. So far the characters are as such:

Daniel Deronda
    Sir Hugo
    Mr. Hanleigh Mancourt
    Mrs. Fanny Davenlow
    Gwendolen
    Alice
    Bertha
    Fanny
    Rex
    Catherine Arrowpoint
    Julius (Julian?) Kessler- I feel bad for not knowing, but I'm pretty sure he's only been called Herr Kessler thus far.

There are plenty of characters in this book, but I"m still in the first hundred pages.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction