Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    The Matched Series:
    Cassia
    Ky
    Xander
    Bram
    Abram
    Molly

The Way of Muri - Ilya Boyashov. It's an English translation of a Russian novel, so lots of the characters have Jewish or obscure-European names. The main characters are...
    Muri, Dick, Adolf, Jacob, Shiloh, Elohim, Baruch, Estebain, Pete, Timosha, Patic

And flicking back through it, others that are mentioned include...
    Annutka, Borislav, Abraham, Benjamin, Abdullah, Aaron, Mirra, Enoch, John, Zilbert, Kate, Mirko, Tong, Willy, Markus, Else, Estebain, Kurt, Gustav
    close to my heart
    Rufus - Wes - Alec - Emmett - Wilfred
    Billie - Estella - Jemima - Eilidh

maybe; Maud, Effy/Euphemia, William and Eoghan
    olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma''. i feel as if i've been sixteen forever. (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I've just started reading The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas. I'm sort of a literature junkie. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one I know that reads literary classics just as much as I read modern works, haha. I don't know why I'm just now getting to this one, but I fell in love with literature late in life, I suppose.
    Yes!! You are not alone in this. I adore reading classics.

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    The book I read before that was called The Tutor's Daughter, by Julie Klassen (love her!)--it's sort of like Jane Austen meets Christian fiction. Anywho, there were much more names to discuss there! Henry and Emma, John, Phillip, Rowan and Julian (twins), Violet... those are the ones I remember. Lovely names, although my favorites were a bit ruined by how awful the characters were. :/
    I just discovered Julie Klassen via a friend's recommendation. Have you read Lady of Milkweed Manor? It reaffirmed my love for the names Beatrice and Charlotte. :-)
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Quote Originally Posted by maggiefromcanada View Post
    I just discovered Julie Klassen via a friend's recommendation. Have you read Lady of Milkweed Manor? It reaffirmed my love for the names Beatrice and Charlotte. :-)
    Och, yes, she's my favorite author atm! I've read every one of her books. Lady of Milkweed Manor was the first one of hers that I read. The Tutor's Daughter was probably my least favorite by her, but I honestly love her style and storytelling ability so far above any other other I've found recently that I still like it a lot more than many books I've read. I've always loved Christian historical fiction, though. If you loved that, I would definitely recommend The Silent Governess (och, my favorite!), The Girl in the Gatehouse, and The Maid of Fairbourne Hall.

If you love Christian historical fiction, I'd also recommend Francine Rivers, Gilbert Morris, and Brock and Bodie Thoene (och, the Zion Covenant and the House of Winslow series are phenomenal!). There's also a short little four-book series by Susan Downs and Susan May Warren called The Heirs of Anton which is pretty fabulous, too. Oh, and Judith Pella's "Daughters of Fortune" series. And Liz Curtis Higgs' "Lowlands of Scotland" series!

Och, I'll shut up now.
    Last edited by ashthedreamer; April 11th, 2013 at 07:14 PM.

I'm reading "The Road," by Cormac McCarthy, which has, literally, no names. Luckily, I'm also reading "Brave New World," by Aldous Huxley. It's not really my favourite genre, but it's quite interesting. It's set in the future, so there is a very interesting style of names:

Lenina
    Fifi
    Fanny
    Morgana
    Polly
    Clara
    Joanna

Bernard
    Mustapha
    Benito
    Jean-Jacques
    Darwin
    Herbert
    Primo
    ~Izzy, looking for a new nickname
    Currently Loving: Romilly, Esme, Piper, Helia, Scout..Rhett, Colin, Rhys, Adrian, Jonah