Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Honouring my dad by using his name as a middle name - what do you think?

I'm a nameberry newbie! I often come onto nameberry, as I love to learn about names and what they mean, etc. but have never posted so this is a first for me.

My father passed away 2 years ago and I would like to honour him by giving his name to my second son as a middle name. I come from a Finnish background and my dad's name was Timo. Although I have not discussed the first name with my husband yet, I have taken a liking to Oliver (TBD whether my husband will agree!) What is your honest opinion of Oliver Timo? Don't worry, I won't be offended if you don't like it.....in the end, I know it comes down to whether my husband and I are happy with it but just curious how it is perceived. If you don't like Oliver Timo, do you have a first name suggestion that you think sounds better with Timo as the middle name?

Our first son is William Anthony (William because it was the one name we could agree on and Anthony is after my husband's grandfather).

Thanks for the input! :-D

I think Oliver Timo sounds great, particularly with a brother called William Anthony.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

frontrunners:
    Jane Cosima | Jude Caspian

considering;
    Fiona*Thea*Gwyneth*Alice*Evangeline*Bridget*Lucy*M aren*Faye*Rosalind*Naomi
    {middle names}Lotus~Athena~Annika~Eleanor
    {honor middles}Florence~Constance~Lorraine
    Oren*Lars*Bram*Griffin*Nolan*Otis*Dylan*River*Pier ce*Asher*Rhett
    {middle names}Drake~Caspian~Caius~Penn
    {honor middles}Wolf~Edward/Edmund~August

⛄️🎄⛄️🎄⛄️🎄⛄️🎄⛄️🎄 ⛄️🎄⛄️🎄⛄️🎄
    Carly Beth
    | married 5.17.14 |
    counting down to ttc: 16 months!
    Pup- Lola Bear

I like the name Timo, but less crazy about Oliver. I like seazuno86's suggestion of Henry Timo and Peter Timo. Or what about Timothy (nn Timo) as a first name? Or even just Timo as a fn?

I love the sentiment (sorry about your father!), and I think Oliver Timo is lovely (and goes so well with William Anthony!). I think it's a great choice. And if Oliver doesn't end up being the one, I'm sure you'll find an option that works just as well with your son's name and honors your dad's memory.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter