Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Cornelia or Amelia??

Hi again,

As my hubby and I are coming up with our name lists, a new name came to me. Well, new to me anyway
    Cornelia. But I want to know what other people think of when they hear it? What kind of girl do you picture with that name? Do you like it or dislike it? It means "horn" which is lousy, would that keep you from using it?
    And we've been considering Amelia for awhile but I worry about its popularity. Between the two, which do you prefer?

Thanks so much!
    ~C

I love both, but I'd choose Cornelia over Amelia, because Amelia is so popular and Cornelia is virtually unheard of {#1 vs outside top 1000}. The meaning of names doesn't bother me, and I don't think "horn" is that bad. Go for it!
    Emilia • Bronwen • Anthea • Piper • Helena
    Artemis • Beatrice • Delilah • Genevieve • Lillian • Matilda • Ophelia • Penelope • Rosamund • Willow
    Stanley • Arthur • Henry • Caspian • Dexter
    Edmund • Forest • Jasper • Julian • Luca • Maxen • Oscar • Sebastian • Thomas • Winston

I prefer Amelia over Cornelia. But both names are nice.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Euphemia - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Hyacintha - Marigold - Ariadne - Sophronia - Crescentia - Thomasina - Apollonia - Romilda
    Amedeo - Casimir - Lancelot - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Nicodemus
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Tiberius - Romulus - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

I prefer Cornelia. I picture a spunky girl with a serious side. I could see using the nn Nellie among friends and family and the more formal name to rely on professionally.

With Amelia, I kind of picture Amy from Little Women (yes, I know her name was not Amelia.)

My final test.. If it were me, I would prefer to named the Less common Cornelia than the more Common Amelia.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

I prefer Amelia.
    For some reason Cornelia just doesn't have a nice sound to me.
    mom to livvy jozefa 7.10.13