Names Searched Right Now:
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstoon View Post
    Aww, it's kind of sad to read about people being disappointed in a Christmas birthday My due date is Christmas day. What do you think about having a "half birthday" party for such a child, in the summer, with friends and games and presents? Then on the actual birthday, on christmas, the kid gets some special time with family? Is this realistic, or is my child doomed to miserable birthdays for life??
    One of my friends does this! She's born on the 24th (which is the day Christmas is celebrated in Norway), and her family has birthday in the morning, and start Christmas after 3 pm. She has always had a huge party on the 24th of June celebrating her half birthday (her crown and cake would say 5 1/2 and so on, it wasn't a delayed birthday celebration but an actual half day celebration, which I think is really cool!) . Her parents always managed to make it fun and something very special. She got some presents on her actual birthday but most of it on her half. I'm not scared of a December/Christmas baby. I kind of always wanted that...
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    @mrstoon - My husband's cousin (she's nine years old) was born on December 26 and she has a massive party every year!
    Yeah a girl I knew in college has her birthday on Boxing Day. She said she was glad it wasn't Christmas but otherwise wasn't too bothered about it. She said she liked the extra presents but then she didn't get any at any other time of year :/
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

Thanks for helping me feel better about my due date, ladies. This year, hubs' parents are coming to KY from FLA, since we went down there last year. So that will be convenient, they should be here for the delivery, if all goes according to plan.
    Married since June 2007, expecting our first child on Christmas Day, 2013

Darcy ~ Rowena ~ Hazel ~ Lorena ~ Leona ~

Eames ~ Miro ~ Bradbury ~ Duval ~ Marshall ~

I was born in late August, and while I liked having nice warm weather on my birthday, it always coincided with the start of school which always annoyed me. Although now that I'm in college it's not such a big deal anymore.

I would like to avoid mid-late August and early September if I can, so that my child's b-day won't be around the start of the school year and they won't be one of the youngest or oldest in their class.

Anywhere between mid-late September and May would be great (I want to try to avoid anytime around major holidays though). Marcelle was born February 24th, which for me was ideal.
    Last edited by amelieamour; April 29th, 2013 at 02:03 AM.
    Twenty-something musician, yogini and name lover who dreams of strolling the boulevards of Paris by day and writing songs by night.

Mes prénoms préfères;

Elodie ~ Sylvie ~ Vivienne ~ Giovanna ~ Beatrice ~ Seraphina ~ Marguerite ~ Edith ~ Cosette ~ Isadora ~

Alexander ~ Marcel ~ Elias ~ Nicholas ~ James ~ Henry ~ Rowan ~ Django ~ Kai ~ Tristan ~ Luca

I was born in October and always have wanted an autumn birthday. But I don't really care what month we have a baby. I'd like to be pregnant NOW, which would mean a January birth. I like the idea of a winter baby. But maybe January is too close to Christmas? Part of me thinks February would be ideal. My husband is all for a May birthday, because he thinks spring birthdays are the best.
    Lucy & Hazel & Nora & Alice & Sophie
    Henry & Rowan & Milo & Oliver & Ezra