Names Searched Right Now:
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Hmm... Well, I am a Father's Day baby, I was born on Father's Day in September which is early spring here in Australia. So despite the rain and semi-wintery weather that carries over, I always loved sharing that with my Dad, and the fact that it was always a topic of conversation. So I'd be happy with a September baby.

Despite me never having had a white Christmas I wouldn't mind having a summer baby either. Since there's Christmas, days eating roasts in the blistering heat, swimming and warm nights.

I don't know I think I love extremes like that

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas

I'm born in January Summer over hear in Australia I liked it as I could have pool parties and this year we went to the main water theme park in my state. I would personally love an April baby because we have two weeks off and its nice weather but I don't know I honestly don't care.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    Ok, another question about the American education system- is the Phineas & Ferb title sequence true?! Do you really get '104 days of summer vacation'? That's, what, 15 weeks?! We only get 6!
    They don't have half terms and only get one week at Easter and Christmas though I think
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    They don't have half terms and only get one week at Easter and Christmas though I think
    Yes, in a typical American school you get about 1.5-2 weeks off at Christmas and then a one-week "Spring Break"* (not necessarily at Easter). For schools that run on an August-May calendar the break at Christmas (often called "Winter Break" to be religion-neutral) is often also the break between the 1st and 2nd semesters (schools that start and end later will typically have the final exams for the first semester after Christmas, before the second semester starts). Some schools (like where I live) will also have a short (i.e. long-weekend) "Fall Break"* in October or so (in addition to a 4- or 5-day weekend for Thanksgiving in late November).

*Those breaks are often scheduled so to divide each of the semesters in half (and the school year into quarters); the grading periods are typically either four nine-week periods or six six-week periods throughout the year.

I was born in mid-June, which I have always loved. It's warm enough to have a party in the garden, while not too hot yet. And the occasions on which you get presents (birthday, Christmas) are evenly distributed throughout the year. I always say the latter is the reason why I desperately wanted to be born two months early (my birth was scheduled for mid-August).
    Twenty-something SF & fantasy writer, name and language nerd in constant search of new names to bestow on defenseless characters. :-)

My list of all-time faves, continuously updated with new comments and thoughts.