Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Oh I completely agree, as I said, not all of them follow the teachings rule for rule. It just so happened that the only Montessori in my area was very rigid, and therefore they completely discouraged any pretend or imaginative play. My cousins daughter lives in a different part of the county, and goes to a Montessori, and she does pretend play regularly. I guess it just depends on the school

Will you not be celebrating Christmas at all, or just not indulging in the Father Christmas fantasy? So far, we're doing Santa, and she seems to believe it. But if she ever asks we'll tell the truth but continue celebrating the meaning of Christmas, etc. Its my favourite holiday, I can't give it up!

Also, apologies for this thread going waaaaay OT. This has been a very interesting conversation!

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.