Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    My birthday is in January, and it's less than a month after Christmas. I hate Winter, so birthday parties were no fun! The ideal time for me would be June. I think that having a birthday at the end of the school year would be awesome...say around graduation or prom... Anytime except close to Christmas. The beginning of December would be okay, but not the 23-26. New Year's would be cool, or Halloween. I think any holiday would be awesome for a birthday, but most people don't agree.
    Looks like I will have a November baby! (a month before Christmas)

I guess my issue with Summer birthday's is that my child would either be one of the very oldest or the very youngest in his/her class. When they are older, in secondary school age, I don't think it makes much difference. But I think there's quite a large difference developmentally between a 4 year old and a 5 year old, especially when it comes to maturity. That is really my only concern.

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

I'd love a September baby - I see it's a popular choice!

September is my favorite month. The weather is a wonderful mix of summer and autumn weather - warm, yet breezy. I got engaged in September. Perfect month to go to the beach. School has already started back, so it's still a new feeling to be back in school. Several loved relatives have September birthdays, so there would be the possibility of my child sharing a birthday with a special relative.

My second choice would be October, for similar reasons to September, except there aren't any October birthdays in my family.

February, April, and November seem like fine months to have a baby.

My least favorite would be March, for sure. I hate March weather - cold, rainy, stormy, horrible. During March is usually the long stretch before spring break happens in school, so everyone's sick and tired of school by that time.

I would really not want to have a baby in December, or early to mid January. All birthday festivities would be overshadowed by the season's holidays.

I would not want my baby to have a May birthday for the simple fact that we have so many family birthdays and anniversaries that month.
    Current Favorites:
    Elizabeth Lily nn Ellie
    Mary Emmeline nn Maisie
    Sarah Evangeline nn Sadie

Nathaniel nn Nate

Quote Originally Posted by pinkballerina View Post
    I guess my issue with Summer birthday's is that my child would either be one of the very oldest or the very youngest in his/her class. When they are older, in secondary school age, I don't think it makes much difference. But I think there's quite a large difference developmentally between a 4 year old and a 5 year old, especially when it comes to maturity. That is really my only concern.
    Yeah, that is true. However emotional development and intelligence varies very much, I know lots of four year olds who are more mature than five year old's. And there's always Montessori!
    My goddaughter started school last september and they did something neat. The school had the youngest students start first and they had a whole week by themselves to get to know the teachers and each other. The second week the ones in the middle came and midway the second week the whole class was there. It really seemed to help the youngest as they already knew someone, and knew the routine.

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    I'm a Libra and my mum's a Pisces
    You see? Those are the best signs... Of course you're a Libra, sweetiepie!!
    Last edited by ottilie; April 10th, 2013 at 07:55 PM.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Ooh good point Otter! I would love to have Montessori-schooled kiddos. Seems to produce a lot of independent, creative thinkers. I like the sound of your goddaughter's school. Is London like NYC, where people start freaking out and applying to pre-Harvard nursery schools as soon as they're pregnant?

Niteowl, I agree with you about Christmas birthdays. What a drag! Although I have a cousin who was born on Xmas and she loves it - she's a total elf. The friends whose birthdays fall between Thanksgiving and Christmas often get lost in the holiday shuffle. Everyone's traveling, so there are a lot of belated presents and combination holiday/birthday parties.