Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Terra is the literal translation from Latin and will probably be what people think of when they hear your daughters name. And I think it is the prettiest spelling : )
    Damian Joachim-Raphael Benedict-Jude Marius-Charles Dominic

Caia Madeleine-Genevieve Azélie-Reine Catalina

Fleur-Isabeau-Nouvel-Johanna-William-Boden-Rafe-Philip-Julien

Sorry, but I prefer "Tara" the best.

The extra H on Tara just looks unnecessary. I guess, Terra isn't sooo bad if you're looking for a nature-esque name. But, I wouldn't use it. Makes me think of dirt. Not a particular image I would want to bestow on a child.

I have several friends name Tara. All the Taras around here call themselves Tare- ah. Actually I had one friend whom the teacher asked how do you pronounce Tara? Tare-Ah or Tar-ah and she didn't know. Her parents didn't care about pronunciation and neither did she.

I would pronounce all three spellings the same way, but the other two feel like Olyvia to me.

Pick a spelling that makes you happy but be prepared for people to pronounce it in ways you don't expect. (Especially in different regions of the country). (One of my friends once lectured me about Carrie vs. Kerry, but I pronounce 'em the same way. I would Lara (Lar-a) differently than Laura, but Tanya rhyming it with Anya. I pronounce Sarah (Sare-ah) which is how I thought everyone pronounced it.)
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by emilyva; June 16th, 2013 at 03:36 PM.

Tara - much more simple. Most people are going to automatically assume it is spelled Tara.
    Current Favorites:
    Elizabeth Lily nn Ellie
    Mary Emmeline nn Maisie
    Sarah Evangeline nn Sadie

Nathaniel nn Nate

I like Terra It's so earthy and pretty

Juliet, Arabella, Willow, Camilla, Genevieve, Lorelai, Clarice, Emmeline, Isla, Giselle, Eloise, Amelia, Mabel, Eliora, Aurelia, Emalina, Maëlys, Lumina, Lavender, Seraphina

Jeremy, Declan, Camden, Leo, Luca, Oliver, Rhys, Griffin, Milo, Micah, Yves, Rémy, Theo, Jasper, Gavin, Anders, Samson, Félix, Ollivander, Maxim