Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I think your daughter will spend her life saying. 'No, Tarah with a h'. Most people on hearing it will write Tara, which didn't used to matter so much but with email addresses really does - I speak as a Catherine who spends a lot of time spelling out her name - please go for the most common option of Tara. I sympathies because we loved the Brighid spelling but used Bridget because that's what 99% of people will write where we live.
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.

I wouldn't say Terra and Tara with the same pronunciation at all. I like Terra and dislike Tara.

Not only would I not say them the same, neither rhymes with Sarah to me. So colour me baffled.

I like the Tarah spelling the best. I would say them all as rhyming with Sarah.

I'm thinking I prefer Terra as it's more straightforward pronunciation wise and feels more whimsical, but I immediately thought of the video game.

I would've never thought to pronounce Tarah and Tara to rhyme with Sarah. They look like "tar-uh" and that's probably what they'll get.

I actually like Tara best. The second would be Terra. The 'h' looks unnecessary in the other one (plus it will always be missed anyway). GL

Ps. I have a friend with the name, Tara. She pronounces it like Sarah.
    Last edited by rachelxoxo; April 10th, 2013 at 12:15 AM.