Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hanniekitt View Post
    They would get some odd looks in the UK, Rory especially. I picture an energetic little boy for Rory, I can't see how it's feminine at all and I can't picture any on a girl really.
    Completely this - I know several Ruaraidh/Rorys(all male) and simply cannot imagine a girl one.

Quote Originally Posted by nat108 View Post
    I've mentioned a few times that Jasper is on my girl list...Don't care; they're a rocks. They don't have a gender.
    But you wouldn't call a daughter Peter, would you? It means rock/stone but is undeniably for boys.

(Arghh, sorry if that sounded snarky or too rude but I have loved Jasper (on a boy) since I was about six, and I can't bear to think that he might have girls in his class with the same name as him!...I got a bit carried away, and I do agree, Jasper sounds like Vesper and Hespera. And actually, I like Jade on a boy. I never thought about it before just now, but it rhymes with Cade etc. and could even perhaps be a nickname for Jayden?) Sorry for the rant/paragraph of explanation, haha!

Also, I would love Adair to be used more for boys again. So handsome, and it came from Edgar. I mean, you'd never call a girl Edgar, would you?

Some good ones already mentioned: Kendall (I've never seen this as female - I was blown away a few years ago when someone told me it was a girls' name), Rory, Rowan, Avery (my nephew's name), Ashley, Riley

My suggestion is Jocelyn. I've known several men by this name. It seems to be in the boy camp in French.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Quote Originally Posted by ciottolo View Post
    But you wouldn't call a daughter Peter, would you? It means rock/stone but is undeniably for boys.

(Arghh, sorry if that sounded snarky or too rude but I have loved Jasper (on a boy) since I was about six, and I can't bear to think that he might have girls in his class with the same name as him!...I got a bit carried away, and I do agree, Jasper sounds like Vesper and Hespera. And actually, I like Jade on a boy. I never thought about it before just now, but it rhymes with Cade etc. and could even perhaps be a nickname for Jayden?) Sorry for the rant/paragraph of explanation, haha!
    LOL, no need to apologize. I'm not that sensitive.

I love nature names and for many of them I don't associate a gender. I like Jasper not because it means "rock" like Peter or because it sounds like other girl names but because it's an actual rock that I think is gorgeous. My first exposure to Jasper was the stones mentioned in the Bible. To me it's just a thing in nature, like Lark or Briar or Forest (I love all 3 regardless of gender), that people occasionally use as a name.

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

I agree that the names that were posted should go back to the boys, especially Darcy, Riley, and Rowan.