Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Northern Virginia/DC metro area
    Harper. Harper, Harper, Harper. I have a [male] [college-aged] friend named Harper and I think it's so much better on a boy than a girl. Every time I hear about a female Harper I cringe a bit.

Also, Rory and Aubrey. I met a little male Aubrey the other day and wanted to shake his parents' hands.
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Odette Cosima Viola Ailsa Coraline
    Emmett Kieran Prosper Zeke August

Northern Ireland/England
    Quote Originally Posted by geeknamezyo View Post
    Also, Rory
    Yes. It's only since coming on here that I realised that this, Rowan, Aubrey and Avery were used as girl's names in the US. They would get some odd looks in the UK, Rory especially. I picture an energetic little boy for Rory, I can't see how it's feminine at all and I can't picture any on a girl really. I don't even know if knowing one would help as I know a female Darcey and it still sounds masculine to me.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

I overwhelmingly prefer Harper for a boy, too. But there is at least a precedence with the estimable Harper Lee, whom, I'm assuming is the inspiration for the latest rash of female Harpers. Atticus and Scout, too, for that matter. And I don't really see Scout as a girl's name, either.

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I'm prepared to be tr and feathered, but If we were doing one of these for the girls, I would add Jasper to the list. It has a similar sound to Vesper, Harper, Esther, etc., and if Ruby and Pearl are feminine, why not Jasper?
    I've mentioned a few times that Jasper is on my girl list while Jade is on my boy list and have gotten mostly negative feedback. Don't care; they're a rocks. They don't have a gender.

Fox * Rohan * Jade * Shea * Eden * Blaise * Greer
    Lotus * Noor * Tallulah * Jasper * Linden * Arden

Great Lakes
    I'm sure all of these have been mentioned, but here it goes:

Skyler/Skylar -- one of my favorite names!
    Blake -- still mostly used for boys but is in the top 1000 for girls
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly