Names Searched Right Now:
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    It isn't urgent, but I'd suggest updating the entry for Eloise. Given Eloise's status as a newly-embraced hipster favorite, I think it's safe to say she's transcended her Plaza associations -- for my generation, at least.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Actually, August Lee, I think the reason Eloise is a new favorite with this generation of parents is BECAUSE of her association with the little girl at the Plaza, even if the association is not conscious. The Eloise books got lots of fresh attention in the 80s when today's parents were growing up. And of course aside from that there's that fashionable El- beginning. Love your signature names, btw -- so many of my personal favorites!
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

Quote Originally Posted by pam View Post
    Actually, August Lee, I think the reason Eloise is a new favorite with this generation of parents is BECAUSE of her association with the little girl at the Plaza, even if the association is not conscious. The Eloise books got lots of fresh attention in the 80s when today's parents were growing up. And of course aside from that there's that fashionable El- beginning. Love your signature names, btw -- so many of my personal favorites!
    I agree with this. I'm 25, saw Eloise at Christmastime when I was on holiday when I was 16 or so and I fell in love with it then.
    Lucia
    Eleanora, Iris, Maeve, Sela
    Balthazar, Bastian, Caius, Gideon

Elke has been updated as well thankyou Pam and Linda
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

@east93

I have revised all the descriptions on your list, except the two gender-related ones, which we are addressing en masse. Thanks for drawing our attention to these outdated (sometimes misguided) entries.