Names Searched Right Now:
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    I haven't seen anyone on this thread trashing you or Linda. In fact, I've seen people (including myself) saying repeatedly that they love the site and respect your work. It seems like you're trying to side-step the fact that there are dozens of entries on the database that are openly, explicitly homophobic and misogynistic. Your fans are allowed to be upset about that.

Completely agreed. I love nameberry, I own a lot of the books written by Pam and Linda and use them frequently - that being said, I find a lot of the descriptions to be VERY wrong and hurtfula nd to not recognize that is just going to lose you people who would otherwise enjoy nameberry - you can only overlook blatant homophobia and such for so long before you have to stand up and say something.

Quote Originally Posted by linda View Post
    Let me just say....we are slowly making our way through the 50,000 names in the database and making a lot of changes!
    I really appreciate it, thank you. I just wanted to say that while I understand that you guys try and keep things light-hearted and sure - it's your right to list you opinions - saying things that are hurtful to one group or another is not going to do any good for anyone. You are in a position where you are in the public eye, what you say is read by people from all walks of life - being aware of this and trying to be sensitive (not overly so - don't walk on eggshells - but not saying things that are out right homophobic) is only going to give credit to yourself and your work.

Quote Originally Posted by aurra View Post
    Nameberry is the nicest board I've ever been on. I have only seen a few cases of members getting out of hand (and only one or two of them have to do with names), and is a lot different than other boards *coughYahoo!Answerscough*. Usually, if Berries don't like a name, they opt for an NMS or a kindly worded but honest answer.
    Yahoo!Answers is pretty much a joke anyway.
    It's always my number one choice I'm in the mood to hear a bunch of kids to slate my favourites and make unprompted suggestions of 'Taytom' and 'MyKynlie' instead.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Quote Originally Posted by oliviasarah View Post
    Yahoo!Answers is pretty much a joke anyway.
    It's always my number one choice I'm in the mood to hear a bunch of kids to slate my favourites and make unprompted suggestions of 'Taytom' and 'MyKynlie' instead.
    I used to belong to Yahoo Answers and it's sad that I could always tell berries or similar from other naming boards in comparison to the other members, it was a little comical.

Quote Originally Posted by flick View Post
    I used to belong to Yahoo Answers and it's sad that I could always tell berries or similar from other naming boards in comparison to the other members, it was a little comical.
    Haha, me too. It's pretty easy to spot Allegra and Julian in amongst Shaynna, Brailee and friends.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)