Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blog Ideas

Blog Ideas

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post. I sent a email to Linda, but haven't heard anything back yet.

So Pam and Linda I would love to see a blog post on names that aren't in the top 1000. Finding names that aren't overused is so hard I think it would be great idea to spotlight some names that are more obscure and unusual, but still usable. I couldn't find any blogs resolving around names that aren't in the top 1000.

Any one else that wants to share blog ideas go ahead!
    Considering Beatrix Illyria or Beatrice Illyria...

Edmund Leander | Peter Orion| Alaric Casimir
    Aleksander Perseus/Perseus Aleksander | Sebastian Rhys | Silas Theodore
    Caspar Frédéric| Gideon Arthur | James Nikodem

Luna Elisabet Fleur | Isabel Marian Eve | Helen Rosalind
    Lydia Primrose | Charlotte Amara | Freyja Hermione Jade
    Gemma Viviane Lois | Beatrix Lyra | Lilith Seraphine
    Adalind Fox | Katarina Ivy | Maren Annika Lux | Sage | Daisy

There is a category for the blogs called "Unusual Baby Names." If you hover over the blog link, it's the second to last bullet point. Under that category are blogs like this: http://nameberry.com/blog/unusual-ba...ent-girl-names.
    Baby #2 due April 2016

Great idea, ikfly, but yes, we have written about this subject in dozens of ways. I would send it back to you and invite you or anyone else who's interested to write a Berry Juice blog on some aspect of this excellent subject! Submit to linda@nameberry.com
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

I know there re already a couple blogs on unusual names, but meant more obscure.

I meant with more obscure names like * Names that had rich sounds and a recorded history of being first names. Names that aren't nature themed, sound similar to popular names or surnames.

*Melchior, Ludovic, Azrael, Perseus, Amadeus, Ignatius, Cosima, Zipporah, Loki, Artemisia, Ceridwen, Fionnuala, Kerensa, Alaric, Sunniva, Johannes, Taliesen, Octavian

Sorry for so many names! I'm a bit passionate about obscure names and could decide which ones to use as examples. I love finding them and learning their history.

Sorry again if you have blog about these names already! I wasn't sure what term to search for because they are from different cultures
    Considering Beatrix Illyria or Beatrice Illyria...

Edmund Leander | Peter Orion| Alaric Casimir
    Aleksander Perseus/Perseus Aleksander | Sebastian Rhys | Silas Theodore
    Caspar Frédéric| Gideon Arthur | James Nikodem

Luna Elisabet Fleur | Isabel Marian Eve | Helen Rosalind
    Lydia Primrose | Charlotte Amara | Freyja Hermione Jade
    Gemma Viviane Lois | Beatrix Lyra | Lilith Seraphine
    Adalind Fox | Katarina Ivy | Maren Annika Lux | Sage | Daisy

Hi there, Pam & Linda!

I would love to see a blog post about name days & how they are celebrated. I know we don't observe them here in the U.S., but as a name lover, I've always been curious about them!