Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blog Ideas

Blog Ideas

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post. I sent a email to Linda, but haven't heard anything back yet.

So Pam and Linda I would love to see a blog post on names that aren't in the top 1000. Finding names that aren't overused is so hard I think it would be great idea to spotlight some names that are more obscure and unusual, but still usable. I couldn't find any blogs resolving around names that aren't in the top 1000.

Any one else that wants to share blog ideas go ahead!

Could I have your thoughts in this thread?

(name) = second middle

Alaric Matthew | Edmund Leander | Henrik Balthazar
    Aleksander Tadhg | Sebastian Rhys | Peter Malachi | Caspar
    Silas Frédéric| Gideon Arthur | James Nikodem | Giles

Rowena Isabel | Helen Rosalind | Lydia Primrose
    Freyja Hermione | Gemma Viviane | Beatrix Lyra
    Lilith Seraphine | Adalind Fox | Katarina Ivy

There is a category for the blogs called "Unusual Baby Names." If you hover over the blog link, it's the second to last bullet point. Under that category are blogs like this: http://nameberry.com/blog/unusual-ba...ent-girl-names.
    Baby #2 due April 2016

Great idea, ikfly, but yes, we have written about this subject in dozens of ways. I would send it back to you and invite you or anyone else who's interested to write a Berry Juice blog on some aspect of this excellent subject! Submit to linda@nameberry.com
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

I know there re already a couple blogs on unusual names, but meant more obscure.

I meant with more obscure names like * Names that had rich sounds and a recorded history of being first names. Names that aren't nature themed, sound similar to popular names or surnames.

*Melchior, Ludovic, Azrael, Perseus, Amadeus, Ignatius, Cosima, Zipporah, Loki, Artemisia, Ceridwen, Fionnuala, Kerensa, Alaric, Sunniva, Johannes, Taliesen, Octavian

Sorry for so many names! I'm a bit passionate about obscure names and could decide which ones to use as examples. I love finding them and learning their history.

Sorry again if you have blog about these names already! I wasn't sure what term to search for because they are from different cultures

Could I have your thoughts in this thread?

(name) = second middle

Alaric Matthew | Edmund Leander | Henrik Balthazar
    Aleksander Tadhg | Sebastian Rhys | Peter Malachi | Caspar
    Silas Frédéric| Gideon Arthur | James Nikodem | Giles

Rowena Isabel | Helen Rosalind | Lydia Primrose
    Freyja Hermione | Gemma Viviane | Beatrix Lyra
    Lilith Seraphine | Adalind Fox | Katarina Ivy

Hi there, Pam & Linda!

I would love to see a blog post about name days & how they are celebrated. I know we don't observe them here in the U.S., but as a name lover, I've always been curious about them!