Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Elke is beautiful, and I've never heard of Elke Sommers at all so the sex kitten-thing is a little on the extreme side.
    Ever ~ Briar ~ Seraphina ~ Raphaela ~ Everly/Ever ~ Charlotte-Marie ~ Evanthe ~ Persephone ~ Freya ~ Astrid ~ Ceridwen ~ Parisa ~ Bay

Mordecai ~ Percy ~ Lyle ~ Wolf ~ Taj ~ Ami (AH-MEE) ~ Ren ~ Leif ~ Bear ~ Lucien

Guilty Pleasures: Forever ~ Reverie ~ Innocence ~ Severine ~ Itza ~ Elke ~ Ramses ~ Ra ~ Ila ~ Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by argenta_genova View Post
    I don't much care for Elke's image being described as "German sex kitten," but I could just be overly prudish. It just sounds very odd to use "sex kitten" in the info of a potential baby name. But hey, this thread is about descriptions that "rub us the wrong way" so there ya go. :-/
    German sex kitten?! What in the world...
    Simon, Eloise, Faye, Judah, Thea, Marina, Felix, Iris, Cordelia, Roscoe, Lydia, Jasper, Phaedra, Adrian, Lucinda, Jane, Wallace, Finnegan, Sylvie, Charlie, Juniper, Atlas, Matilda, Julian, Alice, Marlowe, Octavia, Jack, Marigold, Ruby Louise, Archer, Violet, Gabriel, Persephone, Dov, Louisa

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...

OMG! I had never read the description of Elke before and I have no idea what they thinking. First of all I don't have much of image Elke one way or the other. "Seemingly a contradictory statement" Since I have no preconceptions about the name, I have literally no idea what is contradictory. The whole thing is bizarre.

I've never been impressed by the one-sentence description of Darcy: "The ultimate Jane Austen hero name, but a bit feminine for an American boy." Perhaps there's just not much to say, but it does rub me the wrong way and that's what this thread is for, right? I hate seeing it described as feminine, but I guess I can kind of see where that's coming from.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    I like the description for Madison on a boy: "When a name has been in the girls' Top 10 for a decade, would you really want to inflict it on a son?"

...said they who listed James, George, and Arthur as girls' names.
    Oh gosh, yes. That one irked the heavens out of me.

How can Howard or James be suggested for a girl, but Madison shouldn't be inflicted on a boy? I'm confused to that reasoning.

Laurel - twenty one - Toronto
    Nathaniel . Eden | Alessandra . Noel