Names Searched Right Now:
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    I agree that using "sissified" is uncalled for. I am new to this site and have been horrified by the comments people make about others' name selections. I understand that oftentimes people are asking for an opinion but there is a kind, appropriate way to do that. If I notice a name I do not care for I often opt not to comment. People often have different tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by rulu3228 View Post
    I agree that using "sissified" is uncalled for. I am new to this site and have been horrified by the comments people make about others' name selections. I understand that oftentimes people are asking for an opinion but there is a kind, appropriate way to do that. If I notice a name I do not care for I often opt not to comment. People often have different tastes.
    Nameberry is the nicest board I've ever been on. I have only seen a few cases of members getting out of hand (and only one or two of them have to do with names), and is a lot different than other boards *coughYahoo!Answerscough*. Usually, if Berries don't like a name, they opt for an NMS or a kindly worded but honest answer.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

I too love and adore this site. Awhile ago I suggested adding a comment section under each name so we could weigh in. Having something like that might help people feel that the name description was more objective. Thank you Pam and Linda for making this site a haven for name lovers.
    Mommy to Elijah Michael & Felicity Elizabeth Louise

My Girls: Opal, Freya, Genevieve, Evangeline, Cordelia, Theodosia
    DH Girls: Laura, Elora, Coco, Phoebe, Piper, Paige, Tillie, Avalon

My Boys: Viggo, Hugo, Arthur, Bartholomew, Archer, Atlas, Phineas, Milo
    DH Boys: Sebastian, Gabriel, Alden, Jesse, Asher, Gideon, Spencer, Isaiah

GP: Tempest, Indigo, Magnolia, Calico, Spirit, Persephone, Ransom, Euphemia

Current Favorites: Harvey Archer & Cordelia Sylvie Antoinette

Thanks for that, Saranel. You will see a lot of new features on Nameberry very soon including more room for reader comments.
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

Quote Originally Posted by lucialucentum View Post
    This is jarring. No wonder I don't use the database... kinda makes me rethink being here at all, honestly. It's homophobic, plain and simple. Some of these "descriptions" are truly appalling.
    I completely agree here. I don't use the database at all, but I REALLY hate a lot of things are approached, it's just so wrong.