Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    Philomena isn't unrealistic at all. It's lovely and striking. Philomena isn't any more or less elaborate than Isabella, and I see no reason why it couldn't work.
    I had the same reaction as that ^.

Philomena is very striking and beautiful.

I've said this to people before and they have gotten offended so I hope I don't offend you....but you could always use it for a pet if you love it a lot, but don't want to use it on a future child. :/ I have a cat now with a GP name and I will definitely have more pets in the future that will probably get GP names or names of my favorite characters like Katniss or something.
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.”
    -George R.R. Martin

alyssa ϟ twenty-one ϟ usa ϟ name lover

If I ever have a baby, I would name him or her:
    Charlotte Matilda |Augustus Henry

Anastasia Louise, Clara Penelope, Amelia Caitlin / Aiden James, Jase Alexander, Renly Isaac
    +more

I like it...

What about Philomela? Avoids' Mena' as a nn and still has a lovely meaning (lover of sweetness).

Quote Originally Posted by alyssa897 View Post
    I had the same reaction as that ^.

Philomena is very striking and beautiful.

I've said this to people before and they have gotten offended so I hope I don't offend you....but you could always use it for a pet if you love it a lot, but don't want to use it on a future child. :/ I have a cat now with a GP name and I will definitely have more pets in the future that will probably get GP names or names of my favorite characters like Katniss or something.
    Yeah, I have thought of that for other names, like Gypsy or Keitha, but I don't know if I could ever give up Philomena for a pet. Maybe a character for a story, but I couldn't for a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by moonkai View Post
    What about Philomela? Avoids' Mena' as a nn and still has a lovely meaning (lover of sweetness).
    Well, then she'd be called Mel, which I hate even more! lol I kind of came to terms with Mina, but then I researched that Saint Philomena was pronounced pheel-oh-may-nah, so Mena (may-nah), Mae, or even Phila (pheel-ah) wouldn't be so bad. Besides, I love that it has double meanings of lover of strength and lover of singing, since one of my passions is singing. Don't get me wrong, I love sweet things like candy, but singing definitely tops candy. :P
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

Singing totally tops candy - Personally I think Philomena is a superb name (and i like phil-o-may-nah as a pronunciation, too!). And if she wants to be quirky later in life she can go by "phil", lol.