16 20.00%
  • Jack Timothy

53 66.25%
  • Clancy Luke

21 26.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Please vote on your favourite name for our baby

We're having a baby!!!! Our baby is due in February next year. It is still very early days but we are talking names

Over the long weekend my husband and I drove 3 hours to visit my parents and we decided on four choices that we both really like. It was surprisingly easy! We have a few criteria for our names:

1. We like to choose first names that we enjoy the sound and they should have an OK meaning (so no blind, death)
    2. We don't really care about the popularity of a name
    3. We like to choose honour names for the middle name

Choices are:
    Matilda Catherine: We both love Tilly has a nn. Catherine is my mums name. Means battle-mighty; pure

Penelope Heather: I adore Pippa as a nn for Penelope and I can really see me with a baby Pip. Heather is my MIL name and also a dear friend. Penelope means weaver and I can imagine our child weaving people together.

Jack Timothy: Jack is a great name, downside it's really popular but I can overlook that. Timothy is my dad's middle name. (His first name sounds horrible with most names). Means God is gracious; honouring God. I especially like this meaning because we have had trouble conceiving this child and I have really known God's grace towards us.

Clancy Luke: Clancy is one of my guilty pleasure names that my hubby just happens to love. Clancy means red haired warrior and Luke means light. Luke is my hubby's name.

So what's your favourite??

And can you see any problems with any of the names?

I like your reasoning for choosing Clancy Luke, but when I hear Clancy all I can think of is potato chips (the generic brand at one of the grocery stores here is called Clancy).

Thank you I didn't even know there were a brand of chips called Clancy!!

● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● ● • ● • ● • ● • ● •

Caspian & Lilias

● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● ● • ● • ● • ● • ● •

@natural - yes this seems to be most people's favourite.