Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is it useable?

I'm going to add in that I'm not sure how to pronounce it. Also, I keep thinking "irony."

Love Idony!!! I have seen it spelled Idonea, too, but I think that one might really have pronounciation issues. I would pronounce it like EYE-da-nee/IDA-nee.

EDIT: Yes, like Irony but with a D.
    ~ Mommy to Callum Rhys and Jack William ~

Girls: Eleanor, Meara, Louisa, Jane, Sylvie, Iris
    Boys: Edmund, Leland, Rowan, Beckett, Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by emilyva View Post
    Idony? I-don-know.
    This was the word association that popped into my mind when I heard it. It's not a lifelong problem, but it would certainly raise pressure when being called on in elementary school. (She's NOT going to want to say "I duhn know", you know?)

I like Ida. Similar sound, less baggage.
    Latest list:

Girl: Lulu, Eden
    Boy: Leo, Wallace, Grady

Mommy to one sweet little boy who I loved naming Lennox Andrew Michael (Lex for short)

Wow. I would never have associated it with many of the words you ladies have mentioned and I appreciate the heads up! I'm pronouncing it EYE-da-nee but perhaps this is wrong given all the comments about no idea how to pronounce it? I was sure I would get mixed reactions but more nays than yays will give me something to ponder. I like the suggestion of Isolde; she has been on my list for some time but I thought there may be pronunciation issues there too. I really appreciate the feedback. Any other suggestions?

@emmabobemma thank you for the nice comment about my girls names!