Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it useable?

It is an intriguing name; I see the drawbacks mentioned by kala_way. I think spelling Edonie would simplify pronouncing (if my pronounciation is correct). I prefer ed over id.
    Lover of names: Classic, Literary, Historical, or whatever strikes my fancy!

Current loves- Ada, Iris, Beata, Minna/James, Milo, Dermot, Ewan

Idony? I-don-know. It's a little out there. If my name is Idony, I might be jealous of my sister Laurel. It reminds me of Ebony and Ivory. The first two letters are striking to me. possible nickname:Id plus texters and young people use Idk and Idc all the time. (translation I don't know and I don't care.)
    I would pronounce it like Ivory if I saw it somewhere. My advice:keeping looking, it's not awful, you could you use it. I dun know. It's up to you.
    Last edited by emilyva; April 9th, 2013 at 02:00 PM.

I agree that it sounds made up. I also personally don't find it to be a pretty sound - it is sort of clunky. If you do use it, make sure it goes with your last name and doesn't end up sounding like a sentence - "I don't eat ...." (much like the issues that can arise with Ida).

I like the suggestions of Iona and Isolde much better.

I think it looks pretty spelled on paper...but I have no clue how to say it. That isn't a bad thing but I would just need to hear how you say it! I think it's definitely usable.
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

Being totally unfamiliar with the name, it looks like a weird misspelling of irony to me. I like the suggestions of Sidonie, Edonie, and Iona.
    Some current considerations:

Sylvie Coraline | Etta Rosalie | Hazel Miranda | Margot Eliza | Vivienne Esme | Cora Madeleine
    Archer Daniel | Emmett Sebastian | Ezra Donovan | Theo Anderson | Lucian Matteo | Milo Vincent