Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which Spelling Do You Like Best?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eliot

16 23.88%
  • Elyot

0 0%
  • Eliott

50 74.63%
  • Elyott

1 1.49%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Vote On The Spelling That You Like Best

I have a love for the girl name Eliot / Eliott / Elyot / Elyott. But which spelling do you personally like best? I originally loved spelling it with a Y instead of an I - I thought maybe it made it more girly and different. And since my name is Hilary, which is with one L, I like the name Eliot with one L, too.

What do you Berries think? ....

Does Elyot / Elyott look too crazy? Do you think people will get how it's pronounced if it's spelled with a Y? Or should I just stick to the common spelling? Or should I even go with two Ls, instead of one? Can't wait to hear your suggestions!

Thanks!
    : Thatcher - Fletcher - Forester - Slater - Magnus - Sawyer - Remington
    : Penelope - Talulah - Estelle - Daphne

Vote [UPDATED]
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9830218

Of those I prefer Eliot (although my preferred spelling is Elliot), but ONLY for a boy, I can't stand the name for a girl.

Sorry.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College freshman.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

I voted for a spelling thinking that Eliott was for a boy. I prefer that spelling of Eliott out of your other spellings, although my personal naming style I am not into naming girls with boy names, but everybody has their own style. I will say that from your signature you have some real gems there: Daphne (one of my top 5), Fiona, Elsie and Eleanor (in my top 5), Chandler (if this is for a boy I think it's super handsome), Emmett (like it), and Larkin is really cute for a girl. I also like your other names in your signature of Thatcher, Fletcher and Thorton.

Please don't use Elliot on a girl! Just because it was on Scrubs, doesn't mean its okay. And Elyot makes it look like it should be said el-yot. It looks really bad imo. I'm not trying to be rude, but honesty when it comes to names is important to me.

Elyot is awful.
    cassia | vivian | flora
    peregrine | jolyon | arthur

I totally forgot that there was a girl named Eliot on Scrubs. Haha!
    : Thatcher - Fletcher - Forester - Slater - Magnus - Sawyer - Remington
    : Penelope - Talulah - Estelle - Daphne

Vote [UPDATED]
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9830218