Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which Spelling Do You Like Best?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eliot

16 23.88%
  • Elyot

0 0%
  • Eliott

50 74.63%
  • Elyott

1 1.49%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I prefer Elliot or Elliott. I agree with others that it should just be a boys name! I also agree that spelling it with a y just doesn't look good. Sorry.
    Married to Matthew
    Mommy to Carter Benjamin (9) and Griffin Oliver (3) and Emmett Nicholas (brand new)

Please, please don't give this handsome boy name to a little girl. Plus, the spelling would be Elliot or Elliott.

I would advise you to avoid the trendy "y" and spell it correctly for either gender (Eliot, Elliot, and Elliott are all legitimate spellings). Even better, may I suggest you give your daughter the similar form of Eliette (French female name).
    All the best,
    Mischa.

My favourite spelling for Elliott isn't there - two Ls and two Ts - to me it just looks more complete that way. However since that wasn't an option I went with Eliott, because Eliot reminds me of pilot and Elyot (+variations) is awful.
    Current Loves: Tobias Henry and Sebastian Keith

Elyot(t) with the Y spellings the takes on an unusual and unattractive shape. It has a jumbled appearance and doesn't lseem to resemble the more solid Eliot(t) at all.

Of all the spellings of Eliot, the most feminine to me is Elliott. It reminds me of Ellie and Odette.
    new username @finch