Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Can you name a boy Teddy ?

Or would it be more sensible to name a boy Theodore ?

I prefer going with Theodore or Edward and using the nn Teddy. Think of a grown man trying to taken seriously as a banker, solicitor, etc.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by paw View Post
    I prefer going with Theodore or Edward and using the nn Teddy. Think of a grown man trying to taken seriously as a banker, solicitor, etc.
    All of this. I have a friend named Theodore who went by Teddy when he was younger but now prefers just Ted, or Theodore.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Teddy can be a variation of Edmund, Ted, Theobald, Theodore, Theo (my favourite) or Edward - I'd put one of those on the birth certificate.

I love Theodore (but DH vetoed, unfortunately). I think it lends itself to all kinds of nicknames and will give him so much flexibility. He can be Teddy when he's little, and then decide as he grows up if he's more of a Ted, Theo, Ed, or perhaps even Teddy still? I think Teddy by itself while expose him to teasing in school.