Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation Sophisticated & Handsome: Searching for NEW boy names

Hi,

I am looking to revamp my list of boy's names as it is much too short at the moment. I love uber preppy names that are 3-4 syllables long and not heard in every classroom.

For example, I really like these names that are already on my list (because they fit my criteria and have wonderful nickname possibilities):

Barrington (Bear)
    Alistair (Al)
    Theodore (Theo)
    Calloway (Cal)

I would like MORE names to add to my list, before I show it to my husband in the next month or two. I need names that sound sophisticated and that also could be heard in the halls of a wealthy private school. Honestly, the more preppy the name, the more my husband and I will like it in general.

Please help me find new names! Give me your favorite easy to pronounce, recognizable, but unique names.

If it is in the top 100, it's out.

Thanks
    Happily married and expecting our first cutie pie, a baby boy, in the beginning of February.

I'm not sure what you mean by preppy-- I mostly think of things from the Preppy Handbook of the 1980s-- so this would mean names like Edward nn Ned or Pierpont nn Trip or something (mostly these were nns).

I got this this list from another website (http://www.sheknows.com/parenting/ar...y-baby-names):

Preppy Names for Boys
    • Kipton
    Alistair
    Asher
    Chauncey
    • Keating
    • Barrington
    Sumner
    Sutton
    Jennings
    Mills
    Blake
    Brennan
    Sebastian
    Julian
    Laird
    Hamilton
    Chip
    Dexter
    Dashiell
    Graham

Here are some you might like that I got from an NYC eye glasses store ad:

Benson
    Chapman
    Crane
    Crosby
    Downing
    Duckworth
    Edison
    Fillmore
    Greely
    Huxley
    Neville
    Owen
    Preston
    Sibley
    Thatcher

The most quintessentially wealthy, private school, trust fund, off-to-Connecticut-for-the-weekend name I can think of is Prescott. Pres as a nn does nothing for me, but if you're after a one-syllable abbreviation, I guess that'd be it.

Gramercy, Berenger, Spinnaker, Tolliver, Falconer, Paddington, Pemberley, Rockefeller, Chancellor, Willoughby, Hollander, Highlander, Hollister, Holleder, Rochester, Cassander, Macallister, Alasdair, Macgregor, Salinger, Dillinger, Benjamin, Ellery, Carrington, Chamberlain, Meriwether, Copperfield, Tennessee, Winchester, Vanderbilt, Rivendell, Johnowen, Slattery, Painterly, Zoriah, Uriah, Ulysses, Ignatius, Tiberius, Paravel, Paramore, Caroly, Karolyi, Tillemont, Peregrin, Anderly, Anderson, Adrianus, McAvoy, Macauley, Zealander, Netherland, Sutherland, MacArthur, Roosevelt, Callahan, Anatol, Anatoly, Champion, Cardinal, Calypso, Camelot, Hazelton, Kensington, Livingston, Tennyson, Castleton

Alexis Victoria
    mom to the dragon and lion boys, AKA Drake Zephyr and Skandar Leonidas
    TTC 2014/2015