Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which one (or two) of these names should we cut from our possibility list? Why?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jasper

19 16.81%
  • Conrad

47 41.59%
  • Roland

74 65.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I don't mean to at all be disrespectful, but just to point out a bit of an oversimplification. Actually, the Chinese naming system is extremely complex. And although there are "natural" elements in characters, Chinese names tend to be no more "nature" related than Western names (you find the occasional Lily or Ice, but there are even more Upright Men, Broad Love, Shining on the East, etc.). They do relate the naming process to nature (choosing names which balance one's elements), quite similar to the Indian system, but that has no bearing on choosing Jasper. Sorry, I've lived in China for most of my adult life (I'm an anthropologist), so this is just a pet peeve of mine...

I do love the reference to the Magi, and Jasper is ok. However, it seems very trendy. I'd actually prefer Casper over Jasper. Based on the name (which happens to be my husband's name), I am assuming you might be Persian? If so, I'd also recommend Kian and Cyrus. Out of your list, my favs are actually Emrys and Jasper. I know a Conrad, so it doesn't have the best connotation with me. Roland sounds, well, a bit rolly. However, I do love "The Song of Roland"... maybe if you could find a nice nickname or put it as a middle name... Evander sounds like the ear-biting boxer. I've never heard of Amias before... I am undecided on that one.

It does, however, depend on your surname.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

I would lose Conrad. I'm in love with Jasper, and really like Roland.
    Teenberry. INFP. Ravenclaw. Passions: art, theatre, music, psychology, yoga, meditation, naming, and reading.
    (Changing my name to Zoie Willow.)

For a future...
    Ever-so Darling Daughter:
    Opal Eleanor ~ Lavender Elaine ~ Harmony Ophelia Maude ~ Poet Aurelia Charlotte

Splendid Son:
    Sebastian River - Hugo William Quinn - Apollo Timothy Jack - River(s) Cornelius Henry

Love love love both Emrys and Amias!
    Top Contenders:
    Cora ~ Esme ~ Fiona ~ Gwyneth ~ Hazel ~ Lila ~ Mara ~ Sylvie ~ Thea ~ Zara
    Archer ~ Donovan ~ Emmett ~ Ezra ~ Julian ~ Leo ~ Rhys ~ Sawyer ~ Theo ~ Xavier

Conrad - I really dislike this name so much. I don't have a distinct reason, I just don't like the sound of it at all.

I'm having a hard time with this question. Roland is my personal favorite of the three, and, since it's German, it honors part of your heritage. It's also significantly less popular than Jasper in the U.S., so to my "trend-sense" it's a better match with Rayhan. But since he'll be born in China and may or may not end up living in America, the popularity factor probably isn't too relevant. Roland looks and sounds matchy enough with Rayhan that I'd probably choose Roland to scratch from the list.

Jasper, with its Persian origins, and Conrad, with its German ones, also honor your values and heritage, and both--especially Conrad--look and sound good with Rayhan. Personally I prefer Jasper, but Conrad's sound, look and lower popularity are all better with Rayhan.

Best wishes!
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet