Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which one (or two) of these names should we cut from our possibility list? Why?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jasper

19 16.81%
  • Conrad

47 41.59%
  • Roland

74 65.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Conrad seems like a mean person to me, I cannot say why. I just dislike this name. Roland is okay, but definitely not my favorite. Jasper is much cuter than both of these other names, so please keep this name over the other two.
    Happily married and expecting our first cutie pie, a baby boy, in the beginning of February.

I voted to cut Roland. As much as I love the heroic literary Roland, I think the name is far too similar to Rayhan.

I like Conrad's meter when paired with Rayhan. And Jasper seems like it fits hand-in-glove with the Chinese naming tradition of nature-related names, with a great historical/literary/mythological namesake (Jasper likely comes fro Caspar/Gaspard, one of the three Magi in the Christmas story).
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael (3.1.2012)
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor (11.30.2013)

Thanks for the replies everyone!

@Blade, I just wanna say, I consistently really really appreciate your insights on this baby naming reflection process. It seems like almost every reply you've made, in various posts, has caused me to think about something that I hadn't before considered in quite that way. It's been truly helpful. You have an ability to find subtle connections of meaning that I often overlook. In this case, I had never even considered how aligned choosing a nature related name is to the Chinese culture baby naming process (not for every name, but very commonly nonetheless). With the help of this connection (combined with my general appreciation for the name and it's history, etc) I now feel confident Jasper will be remaining in the top 4 or 5.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    I'm glad Amias is back! It's still my favorite on your list.

I voted to cut Jasper, because I just don't like it. Probably for no good reason-It just sets my teeth on edge. Now that I've thought about some more though, I would cut Roland too. It's a little too matchy with Rayhan. Conrad is such a great, strong name.
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

Quote Originally Posted by javad View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

@Blade, I just wanna say, I consistently really really appreciate your insights on this baby naming reflection process. It seems like almost every reply you've made, in various posts, has caused me to think about something that I hadn't before considered in quite that way. It's been truly helpful. You have an ability to find subtle connections of meaning that I often overlook. In this case, I had never even considered how aligned choosing a nature related name is to the Chinese culture baby naming process (not for every name, but very commonly nonetheless). With the help of this connection (combined with my general appreciation for the name and it's history, etc) I now feel confident Jasper will be remaining in the top 4 or 5.
    Thank you javad, that is very kind. Like many members here I really love names-- especially the history, sociology and anthropology behind them. Your family is so interesting it merits a lot of thought.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael (3.1.2012)
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor (11.30.2013)