View Poll Results: Natassia or Jessamine

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Natassia

18 25.71%
  • Jessamine

52 74.29%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I adore Jessamine. I'm lukewarm about Natassia and uncertain about the correct pronunciation.

I much prefer Jessamine
    Cassarah proud mummy bear to: Persephone Elizabeth Rose aka Persey aged 2
    Step mummy to the darling Rhylee Isabella and Emmersyn Maree aged 5
    Expecting baby number 4.
    A girl will Juniper Cleo Sawyer aka Juno
    A boy will be Tobias William Jack aka Toby

I actually recently watched an episode of a horrible new reality show (Vanderpump Rules) that had a girl named Nastassia on it. She goes by the nn Stassi. I actually really like the name although the girl was really quite nasty. I prefer it to Jessamine.

My DH was watching a movie and an actress from it was named Natassia. He instantly fell in love with the name! I am still more for Jessamine, though.

@Blade - Willow and Sage are on our list for middle names, but I was told that Pink named her daughter Willow Sage, so that combination would appear that I'm trying to mimic her.

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    First of all, that is not true. Lots of Russians have these nicknames as given names. And even if they started out as nicknames, now they are names.
    Emm... I do not consider myself a Russian name expert but I live in Ukraine and I can say. No one who is really familiar with Russian culture will use nicknames as full names here. You may know a man who goes by Sasha everywhere but officially his name is Aleksandr for sure. They may never use their full name but have it in passport.
    Using a nickname as a full name is popular in US and, of course, there is nothing wrong, but you can't say Nastassia is a Russian given name. Anastasia, for sure, but Nastassia sounds all American to me.
    I am not against Nastassia, but you should know it isn't a Russian full name. Actually Annouchka, Mashenka, Sasha, Fedya etc are not given name too. But since we are in US(UK, Austarlia) ,use the name you like.