Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Refresh my list?

Right now my top name for a girl is Cordelia Elspeth Joy - middle names are non-negotiable. I love Cordelia, it's been a top name on my list for ages, my love for it DOES come and go, but I think that's because other things seem new and shiny but this one always comes back around. Opinions? Elspeth and Joy have a lot of meaning / family significance, so those stay. (This is SO approved)

The other SO approved names on my list are Evangeline and Vivienne - both feel very, very stale to me. His taste is very....tacky, lol. (He has two daughters with musical names and thinks that a third should be Rhapsody or Symphony. I did not name the other two and not in a million years would I have given matchy names, but whats done is done and we don't have to continue the trend, much to his dismay).

My taste tends to run in the "very vintage" vein (think Ramona, Edith, Alice - I wouldn't bother suggesting too many of these, he hates this style - he thinks something as straight forward as Madeleine sounds "elderly") to the really obscure (think Rosalba, Hero, Nimue...). I'm just in such a rut, nothing is standing out to me.

The only other name he has said is OK is Phoebe and I'm pretty sure that's just too popular for me- I think that my issues with Vivienne and Evangeline stem from the same issue. Any suggestions? Thank you!

I think Cordelia and Phoebe match nicely. Phoebe is so far from popular to me! I've never even heard of a real-life Phoebe. However this may differ where you live.

My taste isn't the same as yours, and I do love Vivienne and Evangeline.
    I'll try to suggest some names anyways though:
    Georgiana
    Rebekah
    Minerva (Reminds me of Minuet as a musical connection)
    Francesca nn Frances
    Merida
    Eleanora
    Eliana

I tried to go fro middle ground between your tastes and your SO.
    Laurel - 21 - Toronto

Thank you! Nice list to mull over. Georgiana is one I totally forgot that I loved and Eleanora is one to think about - and Francesca! Jane Francesca was on my list for a good year.

I love Vivienne and Evangeline. Phoebe is lovely too. Cordelia has a great meaning and I love the nickname Delia. How about Susannah? It's vintage, pretty and doesn't sound old (imo). Susannah is a familiar name and yet it hasn't been in the SSA top 1000 names in the last 13 years. Here are some more ideas.
    Cecily
    Jacinda
    Briony
    Calliope
    Bettina
    Cressida
    Simone
    Bianca
    Margot/Margaux
    Keturah
    Verity
    Jocelyn
    Saphira
    Calista
    Sabine or Sabina
    Elodie
    Larsa
    Anastasia
    Last edited by lis09; April 9th, 2013 at 12:12 AM.

Octavia? Vintage + octaves, so musical?

Love Octavia Elspeth Joy.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq