Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clement

Quote Originally Posted by greyer View Post
    I love Clement! The French pronunciation is prettier (Clay-mont with a very soft 't', essentially) but I like the English pronunciation too. I think of your combos, Clement Arlo and Clement Hawthorne are my favorites.
    If I lived in a French speaking region I'd have absolutely no qualms about naming a son Clément-Louis, I adore the name. My dream French sibset is Eulalie, Béatrice et Clément-Louis. It's just not the same in English...

Thank you!
    new username @finch

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    I really like it. Clement isn't even on most people's radars, which is a shame. I love the meaning, and I love the stately feel it has to it. Clement would be a great choice.

I like Clement Avery, Clement Julian, and Clement Hugo.
    I like that he's still flying below the radar even with the increasing popularity of Clementine.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    I love it, too. I wish I could use it, personally. It's such a dignified and peaceful name, with a wonderful
    meaning. The world doesn't have enough mercy.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by avesnames View Post
    Interesting name, I just repeated it a few times out loud and it rapidly takes a hold. The meaning is amazing. I like it with a vowel starting middle, Arlo and Avery sound great with it.
    The meaning is what drew me in originally. It does sound nice with a vowel starting middle. Thank you for pointing that out.

new username @finch

I am a huge fan. It's a top 5 name for us, should this baby be a boy.

Something really very spooky, though... I have a daughter with the exact same name combo as one listed in your signature!

Quote Originally Posted by wattle View Post
    I am a huge fan. It's a top 5 name for us, should this baby be a boy.

Something really very spooky, though... I have a daughter with the exact same name combo as one listed in your signature!
    Really?! That's an interesting coincidence. I guess we just have good taste in names.
    new username @finch

Quote Originally Posted by thejollyfinch View Post
    Really?! That's an interesting coincidence. I guess we just have good taste in names.
    Indeed!

I'm interested to know if you would use the French or English pronunciation of Clement... something I'm still undecided on as we live outside of France.