Names Searched Right Now:

Leo and Marlowe? Too much "o"?

I'm not pregnant yet, but I hope to be soon, so my husband and I have started discussing names. Twins run in my family, so I'm really hoping for twins, but even if we don't have twins, I think its nice to think of potential sibling names.

My husband and I have fallen in love with the name Leo. The only problem is we really like the name Marlowe too. Are Leo and Marlowe too similar? If we have boy and name him Leo, does that rule out naming a little sister Marlowe? Or if we have boy/girl twins, are Leo and Marlowe too matchy?

I think Leo & Marlowe are absolutely lovely together. I can see your concern but I don't think it's an issue. If you were concerned though, you can nickname Marlowe, Marley or Loo or Lo or Lowe or something else if you wanted. Or you could name Leo, Leonard and nickname him Leo.

Best Wishes x

I love both names and think they are cute together.

I love love love Marlowe! It's a gorgeous name! And Leo's adorable. I think if you love the name, don't worry about how matchy it is. My cousins are named Carly, Cassidy and Carson. And Cassidy and Carson are boy/girl twins. They call each other Car, Cass and Cars. If they can do that, then Leo and Marlowe (which work better), is totally do-able.