Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

What Might of Been

Do you know what you may have been called? Would you rather have been called that?
    If you have children, what might they have been called?

I'm Eve Tallulah Tuesday (i bet you can't guess which day of the week i was born on!) and I love my name because it's so unique! I've only ever met one other Eve but there are multiple Evas, Evies and Evelyns in my school year.

I might of been called:
    Charlotte
    Emily
    Grace
    Naomi
    Nell
    Olivia

I don't know of any other names on my parents list.

My brothers are Edward Alexander nn. Ned and Oliver Jacob nn. Oli.
    Giselle Lydia Chiara Darcy Lowri Cleo Nova Fleur Noelle Giovanna Mathilde Flora Susannah Maia Jude David Rueben Theo Raphael Arthur Lance Vinny Marcus James Rowan Henry Christopher

My mom's maternal grandmother's maiden name was Ash. My mom wanted to name me Ashlynn. Thankfully my aunts told her it sounded like ashtray and pleaded with her in the hospital to use something else. Mom was an occasional viewer of All My Children and liked the name Erica and if I were a boy she had Eric James in mind. So Erica Lynn it is.

I would've been Daniel Charles had I been a boy.

Ivy was shortlisted for me. So was Kimberly Renee (I'd have been called Kim Renee), after two friends of my mother's. I know that when I was younger I heard that Katherine was on the list, but my mother now claims not to remember that - "Katherine must've been your dad's idea."

I don't feel any great affection for or attachment to my name, but I can't see myself as an Ivy or a Kim Renee. Katherine...maybe. I certainly prefer Katherine to what I was given, but I don't know how well it matches my personality. My given name, though, decidedly doesn't.

Firstly, the English teacher in me must correct you and say it's "might have" not "might of"!!

Anyway, my name is Sarah, but I was very nearly Kelly. The story goes that my mum loved Sarah and my dad loved Kelly. They were at a stalemate until my dad relented and I was named Sarah Elizabeth. At the moment, my husband and I are TTC and talking baby names, so I asked my dad if he still likes Kelly and he said he's not keen on it anymore at all! Lucky he let my mum have her way all those years ago! For the record, they both still love Sarah (at least, that's what they tell me).

If I was a boy, I would've been named David (my younger brother's name) or Stephen.
    Last edited by sarahmezz; April 8th, 2013 at 06:00 AM.
    Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    Firstly, the English teacher in me must correct you and say it's "might have" not "might of"!!
    Thank you; I was holding back