Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    To those correcting the "might of" - it's a dialect/accent think and very common to hear that =)

My dad wanted to call me Helle (Hell-uh) and my mum wanted me to be called Lotte (Lott-uh). If they considered any other I don't know what they were.

For a boy they wanted Christian - I'm so grateful I wasn't born a boy as my last name starts with Christian as well .... basically like John Johnson... hideous! They also talked about Henrik which is the Scandinavian form of Henry.

I am Ashley Marie--I could have been Alexandra Denee (I don't know why they didn't want to use the traditional spelling, Danae?) or Jennifer Eileen. While sometimes I feel like I'm not an Ashley, I do like my name, much more than Alexandra or Jennifer, and I don't know that I would have really been able to pull off Alex or Jenny, which I likely would have been called.

If I were a boy, in all likelihood I would have gotten my brother's name (John Robert, III), even though my dad promised my mom before they married that she wouldn't have to have a John, III. The list of boys' names they had for me, according to some old baby book, were Charles "Charlie", Matthew Levi/Levi Matthew, and Andrew Michael. I think their boys' list was so much more interesting than the girls' one, haha.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I actually don't have a boy name since my parents were the kind that waited to find out the gender before worrying about names. However, my dad said if he had to guess, it would have been something classic and boring like Robert. lol

The only girl option my mom wanted was: Diamond Rose
    My dad said no and they compromised with: Diana Rose (love my daddy!) I would have hated to have the name Diamond.
    Last edited by catloverd; April 8th, 2013 at 09:14 AM.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

My mom claims she was into French names for me, so I could have been Lise or Genevieve, but my dad veto-ed them (he's French-speaking so French names didn't seem so exotic). I also could have been Michelle, but my dad thought it was weird since he's technically a Michel (though goes by Michael).

If I were a boy, I might have been a Philippe or a Neil, which is my brother's name.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

If I was a boy i was going to be Marc, and other girl names were Bailey, And *cringe* Brenda.

My mom ended up naming me plain old Sarah. Hated it when I was younger, dont mind it much anymore