Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    We have a Fiona at the daycare, and I accidentally called her Fina one day (a smoosh of her name and her best friend at daycare's name). I think Fina could totally work as a nickname, as could Nina.

I like the Nellie idea too, but would prefer something like Nallie or Naly.

Since Fiona is the feminine form of Fionn which is from Finniegan, what about Fin/Finn?

I like the idea combining Fiona and Lilidh to reach a nn. Maybe Ulie, Olie or Nollie? They are kinda funky. Working with Lilidh gets you closer to that --ee sound you prefer in Sadie.
    Last edited by owlett; April 7th, 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Fion? Ona? NaNa? Filly? Fio?
    : Thatcher - Fletcher - Forester - Slater - Magnus - Sawyer - Remington
    : Penelope - Talulah - Estelle - Daphne

Vote [UPDATED]
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9830218

Just had a huuuuuge chat with my best friend and Fiona's god mother..and she suggested Fillie and I think I LOVE it. Going to try it out and hopefully will feel natural and allow me to have a cutesy nickname for her and then hopefully as she gets older Fiona will feel more natural since it feels more mature maybe.
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

Fillie's very cute, especially since a filly is a young female horse (which I guess could be a negative connotation, but to me it's just adorable). Good luck!