Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Changing Name of 3 month old???

Ok, some of you may remember me..I have the daughter Mhairi Elizabeth (3 years old) and had our second baby girl Fiona Lilidh in December. We are having MAJOR name remorse and it's soooo awful. I kept feeling the name would grow on me but she just does not feel like a Fiona?! I can't believe it as with our first daughter, Mhairi was just SO natural. We loved it from the start and never questioned so I never ever anticipated this feeling of regret.

My husband and I are both wishing we named her Sadie! And while many people probably feel the seems boring next to Fiona, we just love the name Sadie so much..we are not sure if we're brave enough to go through w/ a name change. People will think we're nuts! And I guess we kind of are! What I am wondering is what if we changed her name to Fiona Sadie...just dropped the Lilidh. Then we could get away w/ calling her by her middle name, lots of people do that. My mom suggested we just call her Lilidh if we don't like Fiona but Lilidh doesn't feel right for her name either. Anyway, honest opinion appreciated. If someone you knew changed their child's middle name and then started using it, would you think they were raving crazy??
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

My Great Aunt was called Mollie. I only ever knew her as Mollie, everyone called her Mollie. At her funeral i discovered her actual name was Nellie Mary Elizabetta Florence!!!!!!! No mention of Mollie at all. Apparently her Nan hated her name and had wanted her to be called Mollie so she did and over time everyone else did too although it was never 'offically' changed?? I think if you both feel this strongly then change it xx
    Already blessed with a daughter Ella Paige and now planning number 2!!
    Current favourites include:
    Girls - Lois, Ava, Genevieve, Sophie, Ines & Alice
    Boys - Luca, Arlo, Evan, Leo, Tomas & Henry
    Combos - Lois Genevieve & Evan Henry

Thank you for that! That's an interesting story wow And funny b/c Nellie is one of my fav names too!! ha Molly is sweet as well. Names are so funny....you think it's just a word and how can it not suit a child but really, sometimes it just doesn't suit them!
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

Sadie is adorable, and if this is her name you should change it now! I think Sadie Lilidh is beautiful, but Fiona Sadie works too.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

@e11aboo: Mollie/Molly is an old nickname for Mary, I'm guessing that's where they got Mollie from in her name.

@lavendyr: Fiona Sadie going by Sadie could work well. I don't think people will think you're nuts changing her name, just explain it to them that Sadie was one of your other options and you think she fits it better. They'll get used to it, she's only three months old. I'm not sure Sadie Lilidh has the best flow (assuming Lilidh is pronounced like Lily) but it's your daughter's name, it's got to feel right for you.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George