Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beckett

Beckett

I realize this is trendy, but how bad is it really? I don't normally go for surnames as first names but for whatever reason I really love Beckett. I like the sounds, and I love the playwright - and a lot of things about him tie in with my love as well.

So, what do you think of Beckett? Who do you imagine would have a name like this? Any particular associations with the name I've missed?

I would try to stick to the full name but it wouldn't be the end of the world if it got shortened to Beck I suppose.
    Switching careers and becoming an RN! Sadly mommy plans will have to wait until that's done. Still loving names though!

I like it because it's the last name of my favorite character on the show Castle. I thought about using it as a middle name for my second had she been a girl but I wouldn't use it anymore. Beckett's turning into a very trendy name.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

One of my favorites. I love the way it sounds. It's definitely on the rise in popularity, but I only count one little Beckett I know born in the past year and a half, so I don't think it's posed to be the new Sophia or Noah.

I'm not sure I think it's THAT trendy. My best friend used it for her two-year-old, so I am a little more aware of it than I otherwise would be, and I have yet to meet another one. I work in a field where I see a cross-section of preschool-age children (and older ones) daily, so I feel like it can't be too common if I've gone two years without hearing it. She says she still hasn't met another one while working with kids or interacting with her son's playmates, either... and we live 900 miles apart, so we're meeting completely different groups of people. I have met a handful of Bennetts (less than 5, I'd say), but no other Becketts yet. I do think it might rise, but I don't see it becoming a top 10 anytime soon. I'd use it.

Incidentally, she just calls him Beckett (no nickname) and people respect that. Another child they know who can't say Beckett correctly calls him Becks/Bex, which I think is cute.

It's definitely been a quick riser, it's gone from being unranked in 2005 to being #330 in 2011. That makes it trendy in my book but being in the 300's means the names still not that popular.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly