Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Why do I feel guilty that my daughter has a popular name?

Favorite name
    Last edited by hazelgirl; June 18th, 2014 at 10:16 PM.

I totally understand! Can you give her a cute nickname? What's her middle name? She'll eventually get a nickname from her friends/teachers if there's that many Olivias. Or people will call her by her last name. I say give her a nickname before someone else gives her one - just in case it's ugly, lol.

Good luck!
    : Thatcher - Fletcher - Forester - Slater - Magnus - Sawyer - Remington
    : Penelope - Talulah - Estelle - Daphne

Vote [UPDATED]
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9830218

Olivia is a beautiful name! For me, it brings up an image of a strong, independent woman who fights for what is right. (I might be a little obsessed with Fringe and L&O:SVU). I rarely like popular names, but I love Olivia.

You said you've been using her MN, what is it? There are awesome nicknames with Olivia--Ollie, Liv, Livvie, Livia, Via... They can add a bit of pizzazz and uniqueness to a popular name.
    Proud furmom to:
    Pepper, Kuno, Mia, Rosalind, Gwendolen & Cecily
    Currently loving:
    Elysia Maeve~Marina Isolde~Linnea Violetta~Minerva Sophronia~Merida Ianthe~Eleni Finola
    Tiernan Hugo~Felix Lysander~Orion Casimir~Caspian Milo~Evander Anslem~Leonidas Gavin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cosima Helene & Emrys Jasper

I call her Liv Scarlett

One of my favorite nn for Olivia is Livy--I think it's fun but not overly popular.
    I understand feeling sad, but do know that not every class she's in will be like that.
    I know a good number of kids and only 1 Olivia. It's popularity isn't nearly to the same extreme as Ashley or Jennifer was, there are so many more names that are used now than there used to be.

I know all this might not make you feel better, but I think suddenly calling her by a different name will make her feel ashamed of her name or like it's not as good as a name that others don't have. It's a beautiful name! You knew it before and you should stay confident in it.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin