Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    You are right that Sparrow is a love it or hate name. That's great that you feel that you could deal with other's negative reactions, but your daughter is the one that is going to have to wear the name forever. I think it could be a tough name to wear, and I personally would not want to be named Sparrow. But I do like the idea of using it as a nickname and/or a middle name. Elizabeth Sparrow is great, and you could call her either Elizabeth or Eliza officially and Sparrow as a special family nickname. Also, Ingrid jumped out at me from your other list...Ingrid Elizabeth would be fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysessha View Post
    I'm so in love with the idea of a little Sparrow running around! Here are some more traditional, sophisticated, feminine middles:
    Thanks for the great suggestions! I agree - Louisa does flow really nicely! And I love the names in your signature - Hawthorne was a name I've been thinking about for a boy. So handsome As it is, I think we're leaning towards Abram, nn Abe for a boy. But the good thing is we have like 5.5 more months to go.

Quote Originally Posted by emilyva View Post
    3. I have an aunt Robin and a (passed) uncle Starling. Plus cousins named Sailor, Memphis, and Storm.

Until you got to the family names I was like no! But then I had read the family names and I was oh this is totally meant to be. Starling! Never heard that one, but it seems especially daring as a boy's name. Then there are unusual S names Starling, Sailor, and Storm and Sparrow! fits right in. I love it now.
    I would use Elizabeth as the middle how perfect.
    Other girls names you might like are:
    Lark
    Solace (with possible nn Lacey)
    Sunday
    Sibyl
    Sage

For boys I like
    Fargo
    Denver
    Dublin
    Roman
    Rhys
    Sawyer
    Stephan
    Ewan
    Eamon
    Ryder
    Elihu
    Dill
    Griffin
    Here is a link to a blog you might enjoy:
    http://bewitchingnames.blogspot.com/...t-princes.html
    Good Luck!
    Thanks! Oh I forgot I had a cousin Sawyer too, lol. Until you pointed it out, I didn't realize how many unusual S names we have. To be honest, I was always jealous of some of my other cousins who got more interesting names than me. My brother and I both got top 10 names for the year we were born.

I just ran Sparrow Elizabeth by my younger brother, and he was "ehhh" on the Elizabeth part but really liked Sparrow. I feel like this is the one, but I have time to live with it to make sure.

september - I agree that it would be much less daring to use Sparrow as a middle. I guess it's a gamble either way if she will like it. I would have loved it as a kid and an adult. I've never loved my "normal" name. But my husband and I both work in a creative profession and I'm much more drawn to off-beat things in general. I have no idea what our kid is going to be like.

I'm half-hearted on Ingrid right now, and I think my husband is even less excited about it. It'll stay on the maybe list. Again, it seems like a love it or hate it name.... must be my thing

As soon as I saw Elizabeth Sparrow, I immediately thought of the film Pirates of the Caribbean. A mixture of Elizabeth Swann and Jack Sparrow. Apparently it's not that strong of an association for anyone else, but it really sticks out to me.

I like the suggestions of Sparrow Lucia and Sparrow Josephine.
    Wren Hermione Clementine
    Kai Holden Everett

Quote Originally Posted by dovah View Post
    As soon as I saw Elizabeth Sparrow, I immediately thought of the film Pirates of the Caribbean. A mixture of Elizabeth Swann and Jack Sparrow. Apparently it's not that strong of an association for anyone else, but it really sticks out to me.

I like the suggestions of Sparrow Lucia and Sparrow Josephine.
    Wow - there are 5 of those movies!?? I had to go look it up because I think I saw the first one whenever it came out, but I didn't remember the girl's name was Elizabeth. Yeah good point - that kind of makes me reconsider Elizabeth. Hmm...

I LOVE it, and I love that your husband loves it. Beautiful, sweet choice. For some reason the combo Sparrow Adelaide keeps rolling through my head as particularly beautiful and lyrical. Others:

Sparrow Eliana
    Sparrow Eliora
    Sparrow Winola
    Sparrow Alessia