Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Personally, I would call her Elizabeth Sparrow and use Sparrow as a nn.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I think in theory it sounds nice, but I'm not sure that I would use it, personally, only because it reminds me of a wheelbarrow. That's not to say that I wouldn't like it on someone else's child.

However, my cousin is called Birdie by everyone, and her name bears no relation to Birdie at all. Literally, at all. If you wanted, as only a name nerd might, to use as many names on your list as possible, you could go with something like June Elizabeth (which I love) and then call her Sparrow as a nickname. I know for many people nicknames must be intuitive to the actual name, but in my opinion, anything goes. So good luck - I'm sure whatever you pick will be beautiful.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

I'm not set yet on a mn - I know I want something traditional and decidedly feminine. I do like more sophisticated rather than frilly in that category. I think a longer name works well since my ln is 1 syllable. Katherine is a family name. June I just love. And Elizabeth sounds really good with it. But definitely open to suggestions

Philomena - thanks for the honest feedback. I didn't think you were being mean, and it is more helpful to me to hear why people don't like the name than just dismissing it. The celebrity connection is unfortunate. I'm sure that's what some people will think whether it's true or not. I sort of disagree with the juvenile aspect, though I see where you're coming from. To me, Emily, Kylee, Molly, Zoey all sound more juvenile and cutesy to me. I guess that's just personal taste.

I really like Sparrow. I wouldn't worry too much about her being teased because of her name. If anything, I think other kids will think it's cool! The only concern I have is whether a Sparrow would be taken seriously as an adult. But if you use a more traditional middle name, she could always go by S. Elizabeth Lastname professionally. Or you could put Elizabeth Sparrow on the birth certificate and call her Sparrow, plenty of people go by their middle name.

Quote Originally Posted by p.pie View Post
    I'm not set yet on a mn - I know I want something traditional and decidedly feminine. I do like more sophisticated rather than frilly in that category. I think a longer name works well since my ln is 1 syllable. Katherine is a family name. June I just love. And Elizabeth sounds really good with it. But definitely open to suggestions
    I'm so in love with the idea of a little Sparrow running around! Here are some more traditional, sophisticated, feminine middles:
    Sparrow Charlotte
    Sparrow Victoria
    Sparrow Penelope
    Sparrow Vivian (or Vivienne)
    Sparrow Louisa (I am not a fan of the Louise/Louisa/Eloise trend, but I have to admit that this one flows beautifully)
    Sparrow Julia (since you love June)
    Sparrow Margaret
    Sparrow Virginia
    Sparrow Genevieve
    Sparrow Miriam
    Sparrow Celeste
    Sparrow Lucia
    Sparrow Eleanor
    Sparrow Corinne
    Sparrow Madeline
    Sparrow Evelyn
    Sparrow Juliet
    Sparrow Josephine
    Sparrow Anneliese
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu