Names Searched Right Now:

Middle name and Little Bro for Sequoia

So hubby and I will be TTC later this year. He comes from a family of 4 boys, and I am concerned that if I end up repeating his mom's pattern, subsequent boys will end up nameless since I really only have one boy name I completley in love with, which is Sequoia.

Looking for suggestions for a middle name (particularly starting with B, D, J and V) for Sequoia
    I've tossed around Brannon, Jonathan, Kevin (my dad's name) and Venture as options

and also a name for potential younger brother ( I used to like "Lyric", but am not so sure anymore)

last name single syllable starts with "L"

It's okay if you don't like the name Sequoia, but I respectfully request not to hear about it in this thread, since I won't be changing my mind - it has felt right to me for a long time. Thanks!!!

Sequoia/Sequoyah is a very worthy namesake, especially if you're Cherokee. I think it leans a bit feminine and it's a very daring choice, so I think something more common and masculine would balance that. I like Jonathan and Kevin a lot. I think Venture is too much with the first name. Other suggestions:
    David
    Daniel
    James
    Vincent
    Andrew
    Matthew

With a more unusual, softer-sounding name like Sequoia, I'd ground it with a more common, masculine middle name. I agree with Daisy that Sequoia Jonathan and Sequoia Kevin work very well.

Other suggestions:

Sequoia Frederick
    Sequoia Martin
    Sequoia Peter
    Seqouia Joseph
    Sequoia William
    Sequoia Alistair
    Sequoia Richard
    Sequoia Michael
    Sequoia Henry

For a brother, I'd stick with something soft and wordy.

Phoenix
    Asher
    Tarquin
    River

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

@essjay- I was totally just thinking about River earlier!
    @daisy451 - I never really considered Peter but I find that I really like it. I am not Cherokee, but I am a Pacific Northwesterner who has a deep and abiding love and connection to the majestic redwood forests out here.