Names Searched Right Now:

Ways to get NN Finn

I was trying to find a cool nickname for Persephone, a name I've recently fallen for, since Seph, Percy and Perri don't do it for me. But then I came up with Finn as a nn for the long, elegant Greek name.
    I would never actually name a girl just Finn, as that's a boys' name, fair and square. But I've fallen for it on a girl- it's tomboyish like Charlie but more unusual, and has the same short, one syllable sound as Jane or Ann, and is also an update on Lynn.
    I'm toying around with moving Persephone from my guilty pleasures, but I'm not sure if it's too weighty on a girl. I do know a girl with Eurydice as her middle name, but I don't know how such a Greek name would fair in the first spot. And while I hope most Americans know the story well enough to be able to pronounce it right, I've seen pretty weird pronunciations of straight forward names (Keeley from Kylie; Fee-anna from Fiona; Alina from Alanna, just to name a few), and I'm worried that Persephone will be constantly mispronounced.
    I'm not a huge fan of Finella or Finola, as well as any of the male Finn names, such as Finley. Do any of you know of any unusual ways to get Finn for a girl (i.e. Persephone)?
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

Emm, I don't understand how you can get Finn from Persephone... But if you don't mind stretch, what about
    Fionualla
    Finianna - too obvious maybe?
    Serafina - my favorite
    Josephine/Josephina
    Phoebe
    Sophina - it's not misspelled Sophia but different name
    Sefarina
    Zephyrina
    Faustine

I know you said you don't like Finola, but what about Fionnuala? (pr Fih-noo-la)
    Fianna would be another option for you maybe?

I like the idea of Fiona nn Finn, personally. I think Persephone nn Finn could work, but it's a bit of a stretch. I've always said foh-nee as the ending rather than the quicker finny. But I can still hear the sound, I think it could work.

Florence? I say it something like floor ince, so Finn works for me.
    Melissa, Mama to Oscar Leopold.

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9653103