Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Distinctive but old name for baby #3

We are expecting around Thanksgiving and I've convinced my husband to let the gender be a surprise this time. Our last name is long and Italian, sounds a little like "DelTonio"

Our daughter is Sylvya Vyolet
    Our son is Myles Julyan
    (all ys are i's but I didn't want the names to be searchable)

Girls - so many lovely names but I cannot find the best ones
    Florence/Flora - too matchy with Silvie? husbands favorite
    Clara / Mira/ Nina- should I be looking for a different ending than Silvia? This is our last baby and I love names.
    Lila - too similar in sound?
    Josephine - lots of love around here for this name, and we have lots of Josephs in the family
    Evelyn - too popular

Linus - too baby blanket?
    Calvin - Cal and Dal sounds in our last name - do they work?
    Pascal - Cal and Dal sound in our last name
    Lucas - popular
    Leo - we almost named Miles this, but we weren't sure about first name and last name ending in o. And Leon just isn't the same.
    Jay - I love love, but my husband doesn't
    Xavier - does anyone have a Xavier? is pronunciation ever an issue? I like both Ex-ay-veer and Za-vee-air
    Clive - another one of my name crushes, but maybe doesn't quite match our last name and our other children's names.

Flora is so beautiful! One of my best friends is named Flora and she is just lovely, she really embodies her name. It also goes incredibly well with Silvie, I think. Not too matchy at all (:

I like Leo and there are dozens of forms of it! Leonardo and Leopold are rather cute and romantic! I also think Linus is quite cute but I do immediately think of the Peanuts gang, not that it's a bad thing.

Good luck!
    India | Proud mum of Louie Evra & John Kieran

With Silvia and Miles, I love Clara or Leo for the third sibling. Stylistically they feel like the best matches. I could see Calvin working as well.
    Emily / 20 / American

Samuel • Edward • George • James • Thomas • Arthur
    Girls' names are a struggle.

Flora and Clavin are my favorites from your list. Both are charming choices with your other two kiddies.

Los Angeles
    I really like Florence for you. It matches Silvia in style in the sense that both names are sweet, vintage classics. They're not close phonetically so each girl would have a distinctive name. They're connected in meaning-- Silvia means "of the forest" and Florence meaning "flowering," so both are nature-related. And Florence is of course one of Italys grandest cities, without sounding cartoonishly Italian.

For the boys, I would avoid anything ending with O. I like Xavier best of your list. You could also select any name beginning with J and call him 'Jay,' if you like.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Allaire * Emmanuelle * Honora * Hyacinthe * Lysandra * Marina * Rosamond * Serena * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lucian * Marius * Quentin * Rainier * Silvan

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ / Altair _ Faraj _ Tariq