Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Liverpool, England
    Quote Originally Posted by jenna5128 View Post
    Third, the whole Romanov family was (probably, we assume) executed by Bolsheviks, even the children. That's a heavy negative legacy I wouldn't wish on any kid.
    Yeah, this was my issue with it. They were all murdered I think they've all been accounted for now. Anastasia was the contested one but they definitely found her.

I also agree with Blade. Romanov is a patronymic for Roman. So Roman could (and is, e.g Roman Ibramovich) be a given name but not Romanov.

★ August Eli Benedict ★ Bram ★ Casimir Mordecai ★ Edmond John Meirion ★ Gillon ★
    ★ Jory Leander ★ Julian Charles ★ Macsen ★ Magnus ★ Vasiliy ★

★ Aira Rose ★ Arietta ★ Clover ★ Delphina ★ Eleni ★ Fiorella ★ Hester Isobel ★
    ★ Iris ★ Lilah ★ Merit ★ Sylvia ★

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I agree Romanov isn't usable, although it does have a cool sound. Roman and Romilly are good alternatives. If Romney wasn't attached to Mitt, that would be a good one too...
    Emily / 20 / American

Samuel • Edward • George • James • Arthur
    Girls' names are a struggle.

Ontario, Canada
    Thanks for your opinions and the history lesson I have to agree myself; Romanov is way too attached to the family and the execution is too sad an association to bestow on any child. I was just curious if everyone else thought that and why. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who likes the sound though.

Anyone else want to chime in?
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy